• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Names for that list in TO's top right hand drawer

Huskerwirejay

All American
15 Year Member
Current Head Coaches:
Tim Cluess
Chris Mack
Randy Bennett
Steve Alford
Mike Davis

Current Assistant Coaches:
Joe DooleyOrlando Antigua
Jeff BoalsSteve Forbes

Alford wouldn't voluntarily leave New Mexico to come to this coaching graveyard. The Lobos are as rabid for basketball as the Huskers are for football.

Alford wouldn't voluntarily leave New Mexico to come to this coaching graveyard. The Lobos are as rabid for basketball as the Huskers are for football.

I also see that with Chris Mack. He's got it good at Xavier. Going to NU would be a step down IMO. Tim Cluess wouldn't be bad, although he's kinda limited on D1 success. Randy Bennett would be a nice hire, just hope his mid-major success translates to the majors. Mike Davis might not be too bad of a hire. He's already done things at the major level, and has coached in the B1G. Don't know much about those assistants.

Alford ain't coming no matter what the $$$ is.

I have a coworker who is a big Lobo's fan, and he laughed at the notion.

Basketball is KING in New Mexico, why would you want to come up here and play second (or third or fourth) fiddle?

He then went on to say if Alford don't produce this season, as they were preseason conference favorites, NU may be able to get him cheap as he'll be out of a job.

In that case, I agree, NU would be happy to have New Mexicos left over crumbs...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back