• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2018 Commits

1. CB Brendan Radley-Hiles (Florida) recruited by Donte Williams
2. WR Manuel Allen (California) recruited by Keith Williams
3. Ath. Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska)
4. Ath. Eric Fuller (California) recruited by Keith Williams and Donte Williams
5. DE Tate Wildeman (Colorado) recruited by Bob Diaco and John Parrella
6. OL Will Farniok (South Dakota) recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
7. DT Masry Mapieu (Nebraska) recruited by John Parrella

When I saw what Bookie did at one of the camps last year, he was #1 on my wish list for the Huskers. Super baller. Lockdown corner for sure. I am stoked that he committed, and his going to IMG, Bishop Gorman and Calabassas has me excited as well, from a recruiting perspective.

1. CB Brendan Radley-Hiles (Florida) recruited by Donte Williams
2. WR Manuel Allen (California) recruited by Keith Williams
3. Ath. Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska)
4. Ath. Eric Fuller (California) recruited by Keith Williams and Donte Williams
5. Ath. Chase Williams (California) recruited by Donte Williams and Keith Williams
6. DE Tate Wildeman (Colorado) recruited by Bob Diaco and John Parrella
7. OL Will Farniok (South Dakota) recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
8. DT Masry Mapieu (Nebraska) recruited by John Parrella

Nebraska is in a unique situation right now. They are recruiting at a level that they haven't been at in a very long time. They are currently looking at around 15-18 kids in this class, and I would be willing to wager they could have close to a full class right now if they allowed everyone who wants in, to be in.

They are being very selective and grabbing the guys who are very high on their board. Guys like Bookie, Manuel Allen, Chase Williams - recent commits, are high on their board. Other guys who tea leaves are pointing in Nebraska's direction in the near future like Joshua and Jordan Moore, Calvin Avery and Chris Bleich are also top of the board guys.

Being able to grab the top guys on your board, and a board you haven't compromised through concessions to "better" programs is about as good as it gets. Nebraska beat out basically everyone in the country for Bookie. Manuel Allen, a California kid, decommitted from USC to jump on board with Nebraska. Chase Williams, another California kid, had USC in his final 4 and had offers from every Pac-12 power (UCLA, Washington, Oregon, etc.) along with schools like Georgia and Notre Dame. Eric Fuller, yes a Cali kid, turned down USC, Oregon and UCLA along with national programs like Oklahoma, Georgia, Michigan, etc. When Chris Bleich finally commits to Nebraska, he will be a Pennsylvania kid who decommitted from Penn State for the Big Red. These coaches are killing it. I really think they are working behind the scenes to try and find a way to scrape together more scholarships to offer. Whether that's through (encouraged) attrition or not renewing a few 4th and 5th year guys who have been non-contributors following the season. I just cant see them not taking advantage of this recruiting steam by only taking 15, 16 guys.

Also, right now 4 of 8 commits are in the Top 247 (Chase Williams is #252)...6 of 8 are in the ESPN 300...5 of 8 are in the Rivals 250 and Scout 300...five guys (Bookie, Jurgens, Fuller, Allen and Williams are consensus four-star recruits. There are a few posters on this board finding less and less to complain about with Riley's recruiting - and I bet it kills them.

Nebraska is in a unique situation right now. They are recruiting at a level that they haven't been at in a very long time. They are currently looking at around 15-18 kids in this class, and I would be willing to wager they could have close to a full class right now if they allowed everyone who wants in, to be in.

They are being very selective and grabbing the guys who are very high on their board. Guys like Bookie, Manuel Allen, Chase Williams - recent commits, are high on their board. Other guys who tea leaves are pointing in Nebraska's direction in the near future like Joshua and Jordan Moore, Calvin Avery and Chris Bleich are also top of the board guys.

Being able to grab the top guys on your board, and a board you haven't compromised through concessions to "better" programs is about as good as it gets. Nebraska beat out basically everyone in the country for Bookie. Manuel Allen, a California kid, decommitted from USC to jump on board with Nebraska. Chase Williams, another California kid, had USC in his final 4 and had offers from every Pac-12 power (UCLA, Washington, Oregon, etc.) along with schools like Georgia and Notre Dame. Eric Fuller, yes a Cali kid, turned down USC, Oregon and UCLA along with national programs like Oklahoma, Georgia, Michigan, etc. When Chris Bleich finally commits to Nebraska, he will be a Pennsylvania kid who decommitted from Penn State for the Big Red. These coaches are killing it. I really think they are working behind the scenes to try and find a way to scrape together more scholarships to offer. Whether that's through (encouraged) attrition or not renewing a few 4th and 5th year guys who have been non-contributors following the season. I just cant see them not taking advantage of this recruiting steam by only taking 15, 16 guys.

Also, right now 4 of 8 commits are in the Top 247 (Chase Williams is #252)...6 of 8 are in the ESPN 300...5 of 8 are in the Rivals 250 and Scout 300...five guys (Bookie, Jurgens, Fuller, Allen and Williams are consensus four-star recruits. There are a few posters on this board finding less and less to complain about with Riley's recruiting - and I bet it kills them.
Very thoughtful post but the last sentence made me laugh.

Also to add to my last post above. Whoever is our coach in about 3 years. (I think it will still be MR) They will have a ton of talent to play for them.

Also to add to my last post above. Whoever is our coach in about 3 years. (I think it will still be MR) They will have a ton of talent to play for them.

The main thing will be Eichorst paying guys like Donte and Keith Williams top dollar to stick around and not leave for eventual job offers from the USC's, LSU's and Alabama's of the world. I don't know a lot of things, but one thing I do know is that as long as those two are at Nebraska, the Huskers will sign position classes that resemble the ones being put together in the 2018 class. By no means will signing guys like this be a anomaly.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back