• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked N2FL Ranks the 2017 Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, where would you put your tiers for recruits? I think those top 7 are unbelievable and could be all in the top tier, but here's mine:

1-3
4-7
8-13
14-16
17-20

I think Lindsey is a five-star talent. I mean, I really, really like Roberts, Blades and Gebbia too, but Lindsey is a notch slightly above them. Of course that's not to say any of those other three (or anyone in this class for that matter) can't end up the better college player.
For me it goes:

2-4
5-8
9-12
13-15
16-20

Curious, I agree with most of the grades you gave out at the position groups but I was a little surprised to see TE at a C+. IIRC, you had said you had Rafdal over Leitao so I feel that swap benefitted us and your grade. I believe the only other guys we were in the final for were Falo and Robinson. Did we miss here?

Miss? No. Rafdal and Leitao were close enough that it would have been a C+ regardless though. I liked Snyder and like Rafdal a lot coming in. If it weren't for injuries, IMPO Snyder would be the leading candidate to start this year. But neither is the sort of talent someone like Josh Falo is. They are doing a pretty good job of replenishing and building up the TE position, but just not as good as they are the LB, OL and DB spots.

Miss? No. Rafdal and Leitao were close enough that it would have been a C+ regardless though. I liked Snyder and like Rafdal a lot coming in. If it weren't for injuries, IMPO Snyder would be the leading candidate to start this year. But neither is the sort of talent someone like Josh Falo is. They are doing a pretty good job of replenishing and building up the TE position, but just not as good as they are the LB, OL and DB spots.
It might have something to do with you're insistence on ranking Allen as the last recruit on your list. Golly, I wonder why?

Which is what I thought, just comments on offers and test scores are used a lot to explain rankings from the major services, and wanted to make a point that wasn't part of your evals. :Biggrin:

Thanks for your responses and I get what you're saying, but Bradley was never going to be invited to the Under Armor or any other all star games, because he wasn't rated high by the services, nor was Rafdal. I watched Bradley play in the State title game and of course saw highlights of him all year on the Omaha TV stations. I also believe that Omaha North had plenty of good players, so I felt he had a dominant performance against very good competition.

Rafdal, to the best of my knowledge didn't go to the national camps, but I looked at his offers and schools that were interested which was very impressive. I also watched his HUDL film posted on this board and you can't coach being 6'7", so he is going to catch balls others can't. I also have watched Allen play and I think he is sneaky fast, is tall and is a good basketball player. As we've seen with several NFL TE's (Gonzales & Jimmy Graham), basketball translates very well to the TE position.

Since we use a FB and since Miles was rated #1 or #2 as a FB, I thought N2FL's grade for the RB was a "little" low. I wasn't saying an "A" or a "B+".

I also admit that I don't watch film like any of the analysts and most of the film I do watch is the HUDL film that is posted on this board. That doesn't mean my opinion is garbage or not thought out. I have the utmost respect for what N2FL does and I appreciate what he, RR, SOS, HIO, etc do for the board. That doesn't mean I can't slightly differ from them. Peace

Thanks for your responses and I get what you're saying, but Bradley was never going to be invited to the Under Armor or any other all star games, because he wasn't rated high by the services, nor was Rafdal. I watched Bradley play in the State title game and of course saw highlights of him all year on the Omaha TV stations. I also believe that Omaha North had plenty of good players, so I felt he had a dominant performance against very good competition.

Rafdal, to the best of my knowledge didn't go to the national camps, but I looked at his offers and schools that were interested which was very impressive. I also watched his HUDL film posted on this board and you can't coach being 6'7", so he is going to catch balls others can't. I also have watched Allen play and I think he is sneaky fast, is tall and is a good basketball player. As we've seen with several NFL TE's (Gonzales & Jimmy Graham), basketball translates very well to the TE position.

Since we use a FB and since Miles was rated #1 or #2 as a FB, I thought N2FL's grade for the RB was a "little" low. I wasn't saying an "A" or a "B+".

I also admit that I don't watch film like any of the analysts and most of the film I do watch is the HUDL film that is posted on this board. That doesn't mean my opinion is garbage or not thought out. I have the utmost respect for what N2FL does and I appreciate what he, RR, SOS, HIO, etc do for the board. That doesn't mean I can't slightly differ from them. Peace

All your observations look good to me too. Just mainly was making a talking point about the different factors that can play into a ranking based on which type of service you are looking at. :Biggrin:

Nebraska used a FB in 2015. They were as close to nonexistent in the 2016 offense as could be.

I think Janovich's reputation might overshadow how little he was actually used in the 2015 offense as well. He had 42 total rushes and 2 catches. I can't imagine Miles getting much more attention than that. I agree, Miles is maybe the best FB in this class - but he's still a FB. That position is being all but phased out of modern day football. LONG GONE are the days of a FB being lined up in the backfield on every running down like they used to be. The FB spot is a specialized position now with particular packages involving them. They come in on short yardage and goal line situations for the most part. If Miles weren't such a versatile athlete capable of flexing out to H-back or even running the ball a bit ala Imani Cross/Janovich, I would be completely against him getting a scholarship at all.

His ceiling is about what Janovich brought to the table, which in hindsight might have been more on special teams. Miles might be different, but looking at history and how much an NFL talent like Janovich was used, Ben Miles won't be used very much to warrant a higher grade (IMPO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back