• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked N. Clouse on Benning & Shrpre (7/8/13)---GREAT show tons of info. and philosphy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but we picked up two small slot WR/APB's already...why would we take a third in Williams?

That makes little sense, particularly if we are still targeting another big WR AND a RB in this class. Cripes, I like offense, but we can't JUST load up on offensive skill players.

I don't think Williams is coming here. For the reasons I outlined in another thread involving how he talks about how he is enjoying the process and really trying to keep things a secret then 6 seconds later they ask "who has stood out?" And he says Nebraska right away. You don't talk about how you like keeping it a secret and then give away the school right then and there. I could be completely wrong, but with Stewert who is bigger and much faster (TV ran a 4.62 at a camp recently), I'm kind of rooting for him to choose The Fighting Marrows in Lexington.

It's been reported that stoltenberg will most likely play OT. I don't necessarily like it myself, but he is long.

Phillips would likely be our center...

Speaking of Phillips, is he a little sore from not getting an offer right away or what's the holdup?

right now we have 11 commits and figuring Stoltenberg as a DE and Giffords as a S, that means we have 8 offensive commits and about 11 slots left to fill

RB
WR
OT
WR-Williams
Possible C

that would leave only 6-7 remaining to fill the following defensive spots

DE
DT-2
LB-2
CB-2-3
S -1

I don't see any 'wiggle room' that allows us to take 6 WR/RB in this class, myself.

It's been reported that stoltenberg will most likely play OT. I don't necessarily like it myself, but he is long.

Speaking of Phillips, is he a little sore from not getting an offer right away or what's the holdup?
There's an entire thread called "Harrison Phillips Stanford Bound" you might want to read. I bumped it up for you.

Well, they tried him and Phillips out at several positions, but personally I feel they will continue to try to land a prototypical OT first, and failing that give MS a look there. I think he projects to defense myself-SDE. Kinda same deal with Phillips if he commits...he will get a look at other positions, but it's hard to slot in a guy at C until you've found out if he has the skill set and camp is really not enough to say for certain if he is that guy...plus, he may not come here anyway.

Far as I know Thurston is the center in-waiting....we will find out this season....

Well, they tried him and Phillips out at several positions, but personally I feel they will continue to try to land a prototypical OT first, and failing that give MS a look there. I think he projects to defense myself-SDE. Kinda same deal with Phillips if he commits...he will get a look at other positions, but it's hard to slot in a guy at C until you've found out if he has the skill set and camp is really not enough to say for certain if he is that guy...plus, he may not come here anyway.

The Todd to Nebraska bandwagon just got a bit more steam.....OU just got a commit from another 4-star WR from in-state....[FONT=Tahoma, Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeffery Mead.....which leads me to guess that the relationship between Todd and Boomer Sooner may have gene far south....[/FONT]

The Todd to Nebraska bandwagon just got a bit more steam.....OU just got a commit from another 4-star WR from in-state....Jeffery Mead.....which leads me to guess that the relationship between Todd and Boomer Sooner may have gene far south....

Half of that was good to hear, the 2nd half. Never like hearing that OU is recruiting good. :)

Funny enough Gene we have beat them out on a lot of head to head recruiting battles the past few years....Matt Finnin is just one example...

Half of that was good to hear, the 2nd half. Never like hearing that OU is recruiting good. :)

The Todd to Nebraska bandwagon just got a bit more steam.....OU just got a commit from another 4-star WR from in-state....[FONT=Tahoma, Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeffery Mead.....which leads me to guess that the relationship between Todd and Boomer Sooner may have gene far south....[/FONT]
So, are we pushing to get Todd here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back