• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My official sorta prediction 2018

Huh? Why would you say Gebbia or even O'Brien don't fit his offense at all? I would agree if you were talking about Tanner Lee.

They both ran fairly similar styles of offense in high school. If they can adjust to the tempo, they could fit just fine in Frost's offense.
Im not referring to the offense they ran in high school, I am referring to their athletic abilities. I dont see POB opening anyone's eyes in the zone read game. Gebbia could, I think, but I worry about his durability. Neither of them were recruited for this type of offense.

The point remains, we are going to have an extremely young and inexperienced QB this year.

Im not referring to the offense they ran in high school, I am referring to their athletic abilities. I dont see POB opening anyone's eyes in the zone read game. Gebbia could, I think, but I worry about his durability. Neither of them were recruited for this type of offense.

The point remains, we are going to have an extremely young and inexperienced QB this year.

Glad to see I am not the only one using the eye test instead of HS history. In terms of athletic ability for the new offense, I think Gebbia could be good. POB could be OK. Martinez has potential to be outstanding but no telling how soon. I also think Bunch has plenty of upside.

Unfortunately, just like speed, experience cannot be taught.

Last edited:

Just looking at Nebraska’s team based on recruits playing now, yes, the Huskers are better than every team they play in 2018, except tOSU and Michigan. Then you have the two closest in recruiting that would be Wisky and MichSt. Since both those teams have advantage of 1)Wisky playing at home and having no new QB/Offensive&Defensive schemes they get the edge over the Huskers this year. MichSt gets the edge because of returning players and schemes. Then you have Iowa and Northwestern. Their chances are better in 2018 due to returning Qb’s and scheme continuity too and both playing Nebraska at home.

So just going through the schedule logically, (which many fans here predicting 9-12 Wins in 2018) are not), I would think having REALISTIC expectations of 6-8 wins is most likely. Sure, the Huskers could win more, but it would be quite amazing with new schemes, new QB, and playing this schedule with almost every team they are playing having returning QB’s, returning same schemes, and playing Huskers on their home fields.

It amazes me that some people here are spouting that they will be disappointed with less than 9 wins. I would not want to watch the coming season with people like that.

Last edited:

Just looking at Nebraska’s team based on recruits playing now, yes, the Huskers are better than every team they play in 2018, except tOSU and Michigan. Then you have the two closest in recruiting that would be Wisky and MichSt. Since both those teams have advantage of 1)Wisky playing at home and having no new QB/Offensive&Defensive schemes they get the edge over the Huskers this year. MichSt gets the edge because of returning players and schemes. Then you have Iowa and Northwestern. Their chances are better in 2018 due to returning Qb’s and scheme continuity too and both playing Nebraska at home.

So just going through the schedule logically, (which many fans here predicting 9-12 Wins in 2018) are not), I would think having REALISTIC expectations of 6-8 wins is most likely. Sure, the Huskers could win more, but it would be quite amazing with new schemes, new QB, and playing this schedule with almost every team they are playing having returning QB’s, returning same schemes, and playing Huskers on their home fields.

It amazes me that some people here are spouting that they will be disappointed with less than 9 wins. I would not want to watch the coming season with people like that.
Don't worry, I won't invite you over. I'll keep drinking the :Koolaid2:. I haven't had any reason to do so for the last 3 years so I'm making up for it now. You're free to do what you want and I'm free to do the same.

:Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2:

Don't worry, I won't invite you over. I'll keep drinking the :Koolaid2:. I haven't had any reason to do so for the last 3 years so I'm making up for it now. You're free to do what you want and I'm free to do the same.

:Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2:
Of course we are. And you’ll be the one who is disappointed perpetually if the Huskers don’t get to a certain Win total arbitrarily based on YOUR lofty unrealistic expectations, where I will enjoy seeing Huskers play better football under better coaches. I won’t lay unrealistic expectations on the team like you and others do. You just create bad feelings for yourself by doing that.

Of course we are. And you’ll be the one who is disappointed perpetually if the Huskers don’t get to a certain Win total arbitrarily based on YOUR lofty unrealistic expectations, where I will enjoy seeing Huskers play better football under better coaches. I won’t lay unrealistic expectations on the team like you and others do. You just create bad feelings for yourself by doing that.
Perpetually. :Rolf::Rolf:

Unrealistic expectations on the team. :Rolf::Rolf:

Do they really care what I think? :Rolf::Rolf:

I won't be disappointed at all if they don't hit what I think they will. It's only an opinion.

Bad feelings for myself. :Rolf::Rolf:

You go ahead and keep your low expectations so you can think it will make you feel so good if we do hit my opinion. :Rolf::Rolf:

Like I said, I'm drinking the
:Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2:

:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf: I just about fell out of my chair reading that.:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

Last edited:

Yeah it really puts a damper on things when you have to hang out with those danged optimists!

I'll put on my big boy pants and get by just fine, thank you very much.

Perpetually. :Rolf::Rolf:

Unrealistic expectations on the team. :Rolf::Rolf:

Do they really care what I think? :Rolf::Rolf:

I won't be disappointed at all if they don't hit what I think they will. It's only an opinion.

Bad feelings for myself. :Rolf::Rolf:

You go ahead and keep your low expectations so you can think it will make you feel so good if we do hit my opinion. :Rolf::Rolf:

Like I said, I'm drinking the
:Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2::Koolaid2:

:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf: I just about fell out of my chair reading that.:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:
All of this is true...I think there will realistically be some growing pains and maybe a few losses early on that we wouldnt necessarily expect - I hope not! - but then we will see improvement as the year goes on as opposed to a melt down like last year. There will be adversity and it will be interesting to see how we adapt.

All of this is true...I think there will realistically be some growing pains and maybe a few losses early on that we wouldnt necessarily expect - I hope not! - but then we will see improvement as the year goes on as opposed to a melt down like last year. There will be adversity and it will be interesting to see how we adapt.
Totally agree.

I have my opinions and expectations. The former has been stated. If it is not met I am not and don't plan to jump off a bridge.

The latter (my expectations) is that there is improvement and better management than when coach Ho-Hum was in charge. I think we will also see a desire, drive and fire by Scott and staff that was missing under Ho-Hum.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back