• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Multiple Coaches/Admin released. Updated.

I'm guessing he's making room for people better at coaching. Anticipating the NCAA rule change that's coming up. Just guessing, no inside info.
I think it has to do with both. I don't follow other programs but it seems like our non coaching football staff has ballooned in the last 10 years.

I think it has to do with both. I don't follow other programs but it seems like our non coaching football staff has ballooned in the last 10 years.
I think most big programs' staff has. I don't think you'll see much reduction in overall staff and/or total compensation though from Nebraska. With analysts poised to be able to coach, we'll probably spend more next year.

He obviously was doing a real good job judging by the results of recruiting.
Yeah it is hard to argue with an 18th ranked class and what we brought in via the portal. TA and HCMR keep things pretty close to the vest about this kind of stuff. Chances are I am not going to know anything about the real reasons.

I think most big programs' staff has. I don't think you'll see much reduction in overall staff and/or total compensation though from Nebraska. With analysts poised to be able to coach, we'll probably spend more next year.
You could be right. I do know that Alabama has a ton of support staff too.

About a year ago there was a thread that showed the total staff of all of the P5 programs after HCMR came here, and I recall a lot of variation and Nebraska was in the norm.

I'm having a hard time believing these theories and I truly believe this has nothing to do with DH.

Anybody think that maybe this is strictly performance/behavioral-based and these guys weren't doing the jobs at the level that was expected? I've certainly heard some things about Hales that would align with this argument (both on the job/behavioral). This sure cuts into the buddy hire talk considering he's known both these guys who's names were just released today.

We were under budget as is, so clearing space (i.e., money) is something I think Rhule would never do if these guys were actually performing their jobs to his expectations. You still need people to fill those roles. Something happened here and I suspect it has nothing to do with money, Holgerson, or Thomas.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back