• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mr. Robot

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
Don't know if there is already a thread on this. Tried to search, but "Mr." is too short to be included.

I'm trying to get through this show, but damn is it tough. I know it's pretty popular with some folks. Anyone here watching it? Thoughts? In general, I'm probably going to give it a thumbs down, but wondering what other people think.

Don't know if there is already a thread on this. Tried to search, but "Mr." is too short to be included.

I'm trying to get through this show, but damn is it tough. I know it's pretty popular with some folks. Anyone here watching it? Thoughts? In general, I'm probably going to give it a thumbs down, but wondering what other people think.
I really enjoyed the first season, but then season 2 just fizzled, I never finished it and stopped DVRing it.

What is it? Channel?
Mediocre show that is left-slanted, and tries to do "twists" that are nothing but straight up lies. A good twist needs to give you clues to the twist, even if you don't realize it.

But this show throws in a twist whenever the writers don't know what to do next. It's like drum-only bridge in a song, or a hanging guitar note... just a clunky, obvious, and poorly arranged transition.

Mediocre show that is left-slanted, and tries to do "twists" that are nothing but straight up lies. A good twist needs to give you clues to the twist, even if you don't realize it.

But this show throws in a twist whenever the writers don't know what to do next. It's like drum-only bridge in a song, or a hanging guitar note... just a clunky, obvious, and poorly arranged transition.
So there is no nudity.

So there is no nudity.
On the USA Network.

But there is some, and even some you wouldn't mind seeing...

Binged Suits then tried Mr Robot, couldn’t get past the 1st couple seasons. I know Rami Malick won the Oscar for playing Freddie M but IMO he was brilliant as Snafu in The Pacific.

Binged Suits then tried Mr Robot, couldn’t get past the 1st couple seasons. I know Rami Malick won the Oscar for playing Freddie M but IMO he was brilliant as Snafu in The Pacific.
He seems to be a decent actor. Other actors on the show aren't very good. And the writing is hacky and derivative. I'm going to give it two more episodes, and if it doesn't pick up, I'm done.

Character from the show, Darlene, reminds me of James Woods in Hercules.
source.gif

He seems to be a decent actor. Other actors on the show aren't very good. And the writing is hacky and derivative. I'm going to give it two more episodes, and if it doesn't pick up, I'm done.

Character from the show, Darlene, reminds me of James Woods in Hercules.
source.gif

View attachment 28188
Most of the writing on the original USA network shows are pretty hacky. Most of them are throwbacks to the jiggle tv of the 1970’s.

Most of the writing on the original USA network shows are pretty hacky. Most of them are throwbacks to the jiggle tv of the 1970’s.
Burn Notice was hacky, but kind of fun. Of course, I lost interest around season 4 of that as well.

Other than that, I can't remember much else worth watching on USA. Raw Is War or the Cartoon Express... that's about it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back