• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Motley Crue

They were close but I think I was in the sweet spot where MC missed me and GnR hit me. I always think of Shout at the Devil as the album that made Crue a force and I was too young for that to really hit me. I was in 6th Grade when Appetite came out and it (along with Hysteria) are the albums I think of when I think of '80s rock. Chuck Klosterman is one of my guilty pleasure authors and he's always writing about how early Crue was transformative for him as a kid. I'm guessing he's 5 or 6 years older than me so I suppose that makes sense.

Yeah, well I was 21 when Appetite came out and 19 when Theater came out. The years blended together quite a bit back then. :Banana:

They were close but I think I was in the sweet spot where MC missed me and GnR hit me. I always think of Shout at the Devil as the album that made Crue a force and I was too young for that to really hit me. I was in 6th Grade when Appetite came out and it (along with Hysteria) are the albums I think of when I think of '80s rock. Chuck Klosterman is one of my guilty pleasure authors and he's always writing about how early Crue was transformative for him as a kid. I'm guessing he's 5 or 6 years older than me so I suppose that makes sense.
MotleybCrue got progressively more popular and sold more new albums than the ones before it. Dr. Feelgood hit #1 and went 6x platinum in 1989, 2 years after Appetite.

Of course GNR was in another realm and is still the top selling debut album in history, but those eras overlapped significantly and I'm wondering how you missed it.

MotleybCrue got progressively more popular and sold more new albums than the ones before it. Dr. Feelgood hit #1 and went 6x platinum in 1989, 2 years after Appetite.

Of course GNR was in another realm and is still the top selling debut album in history, but those eras overlapped significantly and I'm wondering how you missed it.
I’m saying I was on the ground floor for GnR. The eras overlapped but I certainly wasn’t going to jump on the wagon for Dr Feelgood. It was like the bloated record AFTER the corporate record.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back