• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Most Major Sports sites now "confirming" Harbaugh to UM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMfanFORnu

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Yet, another "confirmation" of sources, but this time its ESPN, Foxsports, CBSSports, web sites. Widely being reported from multiple sources. Announcement Tuesday.

Good news for the BigTEN, and an attempt to establish some balance against Meyer at OSU.

Overall it can be a good thing for Nebraska in recruiting etc.

Michigan has told its biggest boosters that a deal for Jim Harbaugh to become its next head coach is done and that a news conference is scheduled for Tuesday, a source close to Michigan told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Interim athletic director Jim Hackett and other officials from the school met with Harbaugh in California Sunday night after he officially parted ways with the San Francisco 49ers. The agreement reached ended a nearly month-long coaching search in which virtually any conclusion other than landing Harbaugh would have been deemed a disappointment in Ann Arbor.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12091512/michigan-announce-hiring-jim-harbaugh

Last edited:

Turban had better stock up whatever he takes to calm his anxiety attacks............ :lol:

I'm still irked that Nebraska and Michigan are no longer in the same division. It would be great to see those two storied teams play every year.

Now Michigan and Ohio State both appear to be on the road to relevance again and we don't get to play them often enough. It feels like we're in the Big 10 lite.

Last edited:
$50M contract plus housing is cheap. Ann Harbor is practical Detroit suburb. Only 40 miles away from center to center ;)

Last edited:

I'm still irked that Nebraska and Michigan are no longer in the same division. It would be great to see those two storied teams play every year.

Now Michigan and Ohio State both appear to be on the road to relevance again and we don't get to play them often enough. It feels like we're in the Big 10 lite.

Everybody knocks being in the "weak" division, but if your end goal is making the playoffs at the end of the year you have a better shot in the west then in the east. Let the other side beat itself up every year. Anything can happen in one game, and if you win the conference with no more then one loss you should have a good shot most years at making the playoffs. And keep in mind the CCG will always be one week after the UM vs OSU game, so there is a better chance of catching whoever wins that game on a letdown. But in the end, let's just worry about taking care of our business.

Everybody knocks being in the "weak" division, but if your end goal is making the playoffs at the end of the year you have a better shot in the west then in the east. Let the other side beat itself up every year. Anything can happen in one game, and if you win the conference with no more then one loss you should have a good shot most years at making the playoffs. And keep in mind the CCG will always be one week after the UM vs OSU game, so there is a better chance of catching whoever wins that game on a letdown. But in the end, let's just worry about taking care of our business.

Once Nebraska gets to the level where they have a reasonable chance to make the playoffs, then I can understand your point. Until then, the best game on our schedule every season is Wisconsin. We've lost the annual matchup with Michigan and Penn State, and we'll be playing Ohio State less often due to the addition of Rutgers and Maryland.

I would rather have a guaranteed game against top tier teams every season instead of hoping that they appear on our schedule or that we win the division.

most people think this is a slam dunk hire... but Harbaugh has a little bit of Pelini in him in that he doesn't get along with management very well wherever he goes. He's the type that burns a lot of bridges and wears out his welcome after a few years.

Turban had better stock up whatever he takes to calm his anxiety attacks............ :lol:

I give both of these guys 5 years and they'll both be gone. Not saying they won't win in those five years, but these two have a way of crashing and burning after a few years.

His anxiety is a rare form of the disease, it's called the I can't beat Saban anxiety. It could certainly morph into Harbaugh anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back