• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most B1G Wins over last decade

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Yes, Ohio State is top dog.

But Nebraska is actually not as bad as I would have thought. Not great, mind you, but I figured with some of these clunker Riley & Frost seasons we'd be at the bottom of the conference.

Yes, Ohio State is top dog.

But Nebraska is actually not as bad as I would have thought. Not great, mind you, but I figured with some of these clunker Riley & Frost seasons we'd be at the bottom of the conference.

I guess at least we’re not at the bottom. But still, I don’t take much comfort from this. :Sick:

117 - 62 .... shite man, we only 55 wins behind, that's like 4 1/2 seasons of wins we are behind. I'm not okay with that at all.

I don't take comfort, but I assumed we'd be like 12th or 13th.

Also, apparently Rutgers is better than Purdue and Illinois. Who knew?
It’s a weird list calling it most wins in B1G in 10 years. Two teams haven’t been in the B1G for 10 years. 35% of Rutgers wins in the last 10 years are from the two seasons they were in the Big East and American conference. 23% of MD’s wins are from the ACC.

Last edited:
no reason why we cant consistently win 9-11 games a season. very sad to see the number continue to drop through out the decade. on average were always 2 wins behind the two yearly contenders in the west with iowa and wisconsin. and what do they do??? run the ball first.......

used to be a monkey could coach us to that many....... or at least 9 anyway.

I've said that before and I stand by it, at least in terms of the system that we'd built under Devaney, Osborne, and Solich.

Pelini had us going in the right direction. I wish we could have seen Frost come in as Bo's OC. If we'd adjusted the defense better to B1G teams, I feel like we'd still be seeing 9+ win seasons regularly.

It can't be underestimated how much Eichorst+Riley set this program back. It was probably worse than Pederson+Callahan because at least BC could recruit and got kids like Suh to Lincoln. Riley was the king of signing big name west coast kids who never played a down or contributed significantly to NU.

With our resources, etc. We should always be top five in the conference over any given period of time. Three years, five years, ten years, whatever.

Even after adding UCLA and USC.
We should NEVER be in the bottom half.

It's well past time to get this program headed in the right direction.

I have faith in our administration and our AD, finally. I think Trev was correct in his decision to "advise" Scott to come up with a plan to turn this around. In other words make some big changes and explain how this should improve the team. Scott's plan was acceptable to Trev. Now it has to work or Trev will need to do what he has to do.

The next ten years will be better with or without Coach Frost. That is up to him. Get the job done. Period.
Trev will put people in positions to succeed. If they don't he will move on and find someone who will.

This is kind of a fresh start, but it needs to work pretty quickly. I think we need to at least be in the hunt for the division this year and that needs to be a normal type of season moving forward.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back