• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked More QB transfer speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

They did that because they had no one with starting experience, and then started the next year scrabling to find the right mix at QB. It ended well for them but it creates instability at the begining of the next year. We had a QB go into the big house and win with a banged up line. In my opinion not worth risking a solid starter for a gamble.

I don't get bringing in a 1 year player. I am unsure if Armstrong is the future leader of the huskers but putting two guys on the bench for another year will not solve anything. There is no one in this recruiting class that I think we need to give a redshirt year so he can start as a redshirt freshman. Unless you are planning on going with Stanton and want to give him some meaningfull snaps in game time to calm nerves before the next year. In my opinion start the better of the two coming out of spring and stay with them and take your bumps like we did with the Defense.

He would be a 2 year player, but it doesn't make sense to me either. He would have to use his RS this year, and then would be a RS JR in 2015, putting him in the same class as Tommy Armstrong. It doesn't make sense, because he has to sit a year. Then are you going to pull the guy that started all of 2014? Or are you bringing a transfer in to just sit?

This doesn't strike me as speculation as much as it does "here is QB that is transferring, and here are some teams that could, at least superficially, use some QB help." I'd be shocked to my socks if NU took on a transfer QB, especially a guy who on paper seems pretty marginal.

Complete speculation by the writer based on nothing. There's no indication that Pelini is interested in taking on a transfer for even two years, and this kid does not fit our offense anyway.

I could understand if he was immediately available for PT as a graduate player, but the fact that he isn't, wouldn't do us any good. We potentially could use another QB this coming season, but years after that, who has any clue? Wouldn't we want Beck, etc to recruit a guy they want next year if it appears we need some more depth behind TA, JS, and ZD?

I don't think Beck has a good track record in developing QB's. Maybe he needs more time for us to see and with Taylor gone next year we will get our first real look at what he is capable of doing with HS quarterbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back