• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos trying to set Iowa game for Black Fridays

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member

I hope he can get that nailed down.

I remember as a kid in the 50s when the tradition was OU-NU on Thanksgiving Day - about the only NU game we ever saw on TV during the season.

Really like the Friday's, but I think Iowa makes it better. It may take some time to develop the rivalry, but it just makes sense to me to find one team and stick with them. I like the I 80 series, close to each other for travel, a lot of each teams fans living in enemy territory, a good marketing person can really make this take off, as long as the games get better.

I hope it is nailed down also...being the HUGE husker fan I am , and living in Iowa ...it has been extremely rough since we joined the BIG. The NU fans should be getting on board with this as a rivalry game...since Iowa has the advantage of owning us since the move to the BIG. I can tell you "they" sure have this one circled every year.

Yeah, I hope it's Iowa. Mother in law is from IA. Though she's a football hater, she always walks with a little more pep in her step after Iowa hands Nebraska another loss. Also, Father-in-law knew Hayden Fry well - they lived in west Texas in childhood.

So let it be Iowa. Let it be Black Friday. Let the Big Red Beatdowns begin. :Corn2:

Last edited:
I'd personally like us to shoot higher and have it be against Wisconsin. They are the kingpins of the West Division so I'd rather have that game possibly be for all the marbles. Iowa is rarely a contender for the West, so why would I want that to be the marquee team to be our Rival?

I'd personally like us to shoot higher and have it be against Wisconsin. They are the kingpins of the West Division so I'd rather have that game possibly be for all the marbles. Iowa is rarely a contender for the West, so why would I want that to be the marquee team to be our Rival?

That could work. I can live with beating the crap out of Iowa on other days, too.

Really like the Friday's, but I think Iowa makes it better. It may take some time to develop the rivalry, but it just makes sense to me to find one team and stick with them. I like the I 80 series, close to each other for travel, a lot of each teams fans living in enemy territory, a good marketing person can really make this take off, as long as the games get better.

I Like it for all the reasons we've all expressed. I hadn't thought about the bolded above, but it's a great point.

For fans wanting to drive to the opposition's home/stadium... late November weather can present some "issues" at times. The closer the better in those circumstances!

I predict it won't be long until the title of the thread can be changed to "The Moos has called, the B1G has listened, Black Friday is Nebraska vs. Iowa!"

Edit: If it makes anyone feel better, please feel free to remove Iowa and replace it with Wisconsin--"The Moos has called, the B1G has listened, Black Friday is Nebraska vs. Wisconsin!"

Edit to the Edit: Or if you want to get on board with the Heroes Trophy, add Heroes--"The Moos has called, the B1G has listened, Black Friday is for Heroes: Nebraska vs. Iowa!"

Last edited:

No way to change 2020 and 2021 schedules.

qzZpKGi.png

WmQqK47.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back