• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Montee Ball...Will he play Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjw11

Varsity
10 Year Member
Any news on his concussion...cant seem to find any updates on his status ...he probably should sit out just to be safe

I just checked the big ten blogs and found nothing. Prob no news till after evaluations on Monday. Same for us on Mo.

Probably out for the game....

Medical personnel gave him just a cursory once-over after Saturday's hit before benching him for the game. Even though he remained engaged on the sidelines throughout and tweeted later that he was OK, his availability for this week's Big Ten Conference opener at Nebraska would seem to be in doubt, given the growing concern over the lasting effects of successive concussions.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/colu...5a9-11e2-be83-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz27KWayxlL

Last edited:

With two concussions in the last two months I will be shocked if he is cleared to play by the medical staff....very serious stuff.....

I don't think he will play, but what I'm saying is that I doubt if they make that announcement until late in the week.

mild concussion usually necessitates sitting for 1 week. He would need to be symptom-free for 1 week, to be eligible to play. 1 week would be Saturday night, if his head cleared by late Saturday afternoon.

Number of concussions, and time since last concussion modify that general guideline...so, I would NOT expect him to play.

Thanks doc....

mild concussion usually necessitates sitting for 1 week. He would need to be symptom-free for 1 week, to be eligible to play. 1 week would be Saturday night, if his head cleared by late Saturday afternoon.

Number of concussions, and time since last concussion modify that general guideline...so, I would NOT expect him to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back