• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

As REDo pointed out -- all sorts of oddities in the early going.

What we (me) hope isn't an oddity -- the Phillies are the LAST undefeated team in baseball. I'll gladly take that sweep over ATL. Wasn't even that competitive of a series. Harper with another blast tonight -- and the Phillies fans are eating that up big time!

Brutal bullpen start from my Cubs

Cubs scored 28 runs in three games against the rangers (12,8,10) and went 1-2
Hopefully Brandon Morrow comes back stronger than ever. No love for the Cubs but he is on my fantasy baseball disabled list. :cool:

Getting swept by Philadelphia is the worst way to start the season, but the Braves will be alright. All the loses can appropriately be laid at the feet of the pitching. Philly has a heck of a lineup with no weak spots so issuing walks will bite you every time which is exactly what happened. This was the first time for the Braves that 2 rookies started in the first 3 games since 1905. Folty will be back soon. The young arms will take a minute to adjust to the Show. It was baptism by fire for those guys having to go through McCuthchen, Segura, Harper, Hoskins, Realmuto, Herrera, etc. The sky isn't falling.

Getting swept by Philadelphia is the worst way to start the season, but the Braves will be alright. All the loses can appropriately be laid at the feet of the pitching. Philly has a heck of a lineup with no weak spots so issuing walks will bite you every time which is exactly what happened. This was the first time for the Braves that 2 rookies started in the first 3 games since 1905. Folty will be back soon. The young arms will take a minute to adjust to the Show. It was baptism by fire for those guys having to go through McCuthchen, Segura, Harper, Hoskins, Realmuto, Herrera, etc. The sky isn't falling.

With all respect - I hope they get swept in their next series too :Banana:. If your guys's pitching is struggling right now like you say - we (both of our offenses) could be in for a TON of runs over the next 4 days

With all respect - I hope they get swept in their next series too :Banana:. If your guys's pitching is struggling right now like you say - we (both of our offenses) could be in for a TON of runs over the next 4 days
Well the Braves are no longer the only team in the MLB still looking for a win. Cubs D absolutely imploded 5 errors will get you beat almost every night.

Red Sox got shelled again last night. Id not for a huge comeback againt the Mariners, they would be winless this year. Their starting pitching staff looks awful.

Nothing but Phillies fans left in the Nats ballpark tonight. Philadelphia hammering Washington. And Harper crushing another.

Nothing but Phillies fans left in the Nats ballpark tonight. Philadelphia hammering Washington. And Harper crushing another.

I was shocked how many boos he got. Bryce was too at first I think. I’ve watched him play a million games, he was uncomfortable and then he went to his embrace the d-bag routine he does and started mashing. He was making all sorts of gestures out there. I can’t say I blame him, I would have done the same thing if fans were booing me. I think Nats fans need to understand that baseball is a business, it’s a part of the game. Harper needs to understand that he went to a rival, there’s no way people are going to look past that and root for him like if he had a San Francisco jersey or something on. It makes for an interesting dynamic.

Max was a bit off tonight and the Nationals bullpen is awful. If that bullpen isn’t fixed soon, they won’t be a playoff team. Getting Koda back will help. Taylor and Kendrick should be back soon. Hopefully Turner is going to be alright.

Greinke with two homers (thus far) tonight. Two. For a pitcher.

I'm sure the stat will appear at some point ... when was the last time a pitcher hit multiple homers in a game? Has Bumgarner done it?

Last edited:

How bout them Braves. Sweeping the Cubbies. Going to be a fun team to watch.
giphy.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back