• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MizzouRah's Picks Week IX

MizzouRah

Scout Team
20 Year Member
I managed to go 5-3 last week ATS to get back over .500 on the year at 29-27. I only saw the second half of the MU game as I had good tickets to see live college football and I figured if MU couldn't beat Vanderbilt, I didn't really want to see it anyway. (I figured I would watch a recording of the first half later). Well that was certainly true. I have no desire to watch that horrible display of football.

I can't explain what goes wrong with MU under this coaching staff but we certainly don't seem to be able to handle prosperity. I can't figure it out, there is significant talent on this team so there really is no logical excuse for that loss but with college athletes you just never know. Anyway, all we as fans can do is roll with the punches. On to this week's games!

MIZZOU (-10.5) at Kentucky - Again, no idea.but with low expectations and a QB mess at Kentucky I'll take MU. You are quite a degen if you are betting on this team on the road with actual money right now though.

MIZZOU IS THE PICK

FRIDAY NIGHT - USC (-13.5) at Colorado - I think CU is trending in the wrong direction but it strikes me as too many points for a home dog in this type of environment.

COLORADO is the pick

UCF -11 at TEMPLE - I'm trying to buy low on teams here alhtough Temple has been solid this year. I think UCF is a bit overrated and I know the SMU loss was disappointing but the Owls are back at home. GIVE ME TEMPLE to keep this close.

I HATE that the OU vs. K-State line has moved so much but I really don't think the 'Cats have the team speed to compete here. I'll take THE SOONERS -23.5

I'm rolling with underdogs for the most part this week ESPCIALLY home dogs coming off a bye week. That means I like MICHIGAN STATE (+6.5) to be very competitive with Penn State.

I know Tua is out but Alabama (-32.5) should still put up a very solid performance going into the bye/LSU time. Solid is good enough to cover a big number here. BAMA is the pick

I have an actual monetary wager on UNDER 9.5 wins for Texas this year but from what I saw TCU is too slow to keep this very close. I hope I am wrong but TEXAS (pick'em) is the play here.

Finally, I'll take one last underdog. Everyone is looking past Auburn but I think they have the defense to upset LSU. I'll certainly take the 11 points here even on the road.

That's all for this week! Good luck to your (non Wildcat) team!

I managed to go 5-3 last week ATS to get back over .500 on the year at 29-27. I only saw the second half of the MU game as I had good tickets to see live college football and I figured if MU couldn't beat Vanderbilt, I didn't really want to see it anyway. (I figured I would watch a recording of the first half later). Well that was certainly true. I have no desire to watch that horrible display of football.

I can't explain what goes wrong with MU under this coaching staff but we certainly don't seem to be able to handle prosperity. I can't figure it out, there is significant talent on this team so there really is no logical excuse for that loss but with college athletes you just never know. Anyway, all we as fans can do is roll with the punches. On to this week's games!

MIZZOU (-10.5) at Kentucky - Again, no idea.but with low expectations and a QB mess at Kentucky I'll take MU. You are quite a degen if you are betting on this team on the road with actual money right now though.

MIZZOU IS THE PICK

FRIDAY NIGHT - USC (-13.5) at Colorado - I think CU is trending in the wrong direction but it strikes me as too many points for a home dog in this type of environment.

COLORADO is the pick

UCF -11 at TEMPLE - I'm trying to buy low on teams here alhtough Temple has been solid this year. I think UCF is a bit overrated and I know the SMU loss was disappointing but the Owls are back at home. GIVE ME TEMPLE to keep this close.

I HATE that the OU vs. K-State line has moved so much but I really don't think the 'Cats have the team speed to compete here. I'll take THE SOONERS -23.5

I'm rolling with underdogs for the most part this week ESPCIALLY home dogs coming off a bye week. That means I like MICHIGAN STATE (+6.5) to be very competitive with Penn State.

I know Tua is out but Alabama (-32.5) should still put up a very solid performance going into the bye/LSU time. Solid is good enough to cover a big number here. BAMA is the pick

I have an actual monetary wager on UNDER 9.5 wins for Texas this year but from what I saw TCU is too slow to keep this very close. I hope I am wrong but TEXAS (pick'em) is the play here.

Finally, I'll take one last underdog. Everyone is looking past Auburn but I think they have the defense to upset LSU. I'll certainly take the 11 points here even on the road.

That's all for this week! Good luck to your (non Wildcat) team!
Gutsy call on the LSU game.Thanks again for your contribution to this board.

I'm gonna keep riding the Pony Express until lets me down. Love SMU if you can get it at -13.5, think the line is already creeping toward 14.5 though

Except for that Tulsa game SMU has been a machine. I expect Houston to keep playing with great effort though, they are too unpredictable for me. I had them against North Texas for one of my easiest picks of the year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back