• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MizzouRah's Picks Week III

MizzouRah

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Finally a winning week ATS last week at 4-3 but we are only 6-11 ATS on the year.

Well, the Missouri game went about as we predicted last week. I still believe MU will have a chance to have a fairly successful year, some of our future home opponents appear to be somewhat vulnerable and Kentucky has a very well defined identity and a solid team. I don't pick FCS games but I expect MU to win tomorrow by about 40 points. I have not bothered looking at the point spread.

One future MU home opponent are the Florida Gators who are hosting Alabama as a 14.5 point underdog. I think the Gators have taken a big step back on offense and I can't see them keeping this close. I'll be playing BAMA first half but my official pick will be minus 14.5 on the Tide.

It's hard not to be impressed with the Arkansas performance last week but bettors tend to overreact to these things early in the year. This is strickly a line play but I will take GEORGIA SOUTHERN plus 23.5 as the line has moved by about a touchdown.

I think New Mexico is a very poor team and Texas A&M will figure some things out on offense after the QB injury last week. Let's lay the 29.5 with the Aggies.

It's going to be an exciting environment in Manhattan, Kansas as the K-State Wildcats return home to play future first round draft pick Carson Strong and the Nevada Wolfpack. The injury to Skylar Thompson is a pretty big setback for K-State and while Chris Klieman is an excellent coach, they are facing far more solid team than most realize. I'll take the Wolfpack -2.

Auburn has played absolutely horrible opposition and this line keeps falling. I'm happy to lay the five points on PENN STATE who should have a ridiculous home field advantage.

I am impressed with the Central Michigan lines on both side of the football and the coaching. At times they were too conservative against MU but that helped keep the Tigers from covering. I think 19.5 points is WAY too many for an LSU team that punted seven times last week and had only 17 first downs against an FCS opponent.

I watched enough of Oklahoma State to see a team that is not up to their usual standards on offense. Yet the money is coming in on them. Give me BOISE STATE (-3) to win by a couple of TD's.

My Nebraska friends would probably like to get my thoughts on the return of the Game of the Century. I'd just be guessing but I guess I would lay the points and take OU if I had to but that's not an official pick.

That's all for this week! Good luck to your (non Redhawk) team!

I think that K-State - Nevada game is the lowest spread of the weekend. If I lived near, I'd go just to watch Carson Strong play.

As you mentioned, Auburn has played garbage -- Alabama State and Akron. And now they get a White Out night game in Happy Valley. IMO, that's one of the five most daunting environments for the opposition. Penn State will be jacked. If they have wins over Wisconsin and Auburn on their September resume, that's maybe more impressive than any team thus far. It is surprising to me that the line which opened at PSU -6.5 has dropped to -5.

I agree with your pick on Boise. Okie State does not look at all like their typical selves. And playing on the Smurf turf is never a treat for the opposition.

I think that K-State - Nevada game is the lowest spread of the weekend. If I lived near, I'd go just to watch Carson Strong play.

As you mentioned, Auburn has played garbage -- Alabama State and Akron. And now they get a White Out night game in Happy Valley. IMO, that's one of the five most daunting environments for the opposition. Penn State will be jacked. If they have wins over Wisconsin and Auburn on their September resume, that's maybe more impressive than any team thus far. It is surprising to me that the line which opened at PSU -6.5 has dropped to -5.

I agree with your pick on Boise. Okie State does not look at all like their typical selves. And playing on the Smurf turf is never a treat for the opposition.

I am going to this game tonight. Lots of “experts”like the Cowboys.

This game depends on which Hank Bachmeyer shows up and if they can get a little more running game going. I’d still take BSU.

I'm heading to the K-State game in about 30 minutes!

I am going to this game tonight. Lots of “experts”like the Cowboys.

This game depends on which Hank Bachmeyer shows up and if they can get a little more running game going. I’d still take BSU.

Enjoy the game!

It's definitely an interesting matchup.

I've always wondered how long it takes for a spectator's eyes to adjust to the blue field. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back