• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minskys Pizza Watch sights

clove8828

All I know is nothing
5 Year Member
This year I have decided to get out of the house on Saturdays and see my favorire team play from a different prospective. I normally am either in front of the TV or at home games.

So I have decided to go to watch sights in the KCMO area and have narrowed that down to Minskys Pizza in the rivermarket area. Before anyone asks why Minskys to be blunt I like their food and they make a good Woodruff Reserve Old Fashioned.

Does anyone have any insight or tips or tricks to navigate things while there, like how much before game time do you get there, is there a cost to go watch, will or can you get a table etc, or anything else?

Thanks

Last edited:

Never been, sounds fun though. I’m always up for a really good pizza, just looked at their menu, looks solid. I’m guessing they have TV’s everywhere?

Pizza is always good but a little on the pricey side for this Husker fan since I am not a “booster of substance.” We will get their pizza when they have an online special/discount. :thumbsup:

59c414ff7ccbd.image.jpg

Last edited:

Haven’t been to Minsky’s in KC sadly. They always seem to get voted top pizza in the Pitch. I have Waldo Pizza nearby and Jimmy Joe’s for when I want to splurge.

Is Minsky’s a dedicated husker watch spot or just your personal spot you picked out? If the latter I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble getting a table except maybe for evening games maybe because of the normal evening crowd. I doubt you’ll have to pay any extra fee.

Actually, COVID will probably keep the crowds away too.

There is better pizza in KC, but Minsky's is decent, their wings are really good too. They are quite proud of it all though ($$)

I actually had my wedding rehearsal dinner at the River Market Minsky's, but I've never been there on a game day. @KC_Red the Rivermarket location is a watch site. I've heard it gets packed, but they have a small room in the back up the upstairs that you access through the waiter station that I think might get opened up on gamedays.

The Gran Falloon on the plaza is another Husker watch site and I have watched a game there, it was a lot of fun and the Brisket Nachos are delicious. Of Course there is Callahan's on 87th, which is my preferred place to watch Nebraska games, although I haven't been in a couple of years.

We had a Minsky's in Council Bluffs when I was a kid back in the late 70's. One of the best pizzas ever.

There is better pizza in KC, but Minsky's is decent, their wings are really good too. They are quite proud of it all though ($$)

I actually had my wedding rehearsal dinner at the River Market Minsky's, but I've never been there on a game day. @KC_Red the Rivermarket location is a watch site. I've heard it gets packed, but they have a small room in the back up the upstairs that you access through the waiter station that I think might get opened up on gamedays.

The Gran Falloon on the plaza is another Husker watch site and I have watched a game there, it was a lot of fun and the Brisket Nachos are delicious. Of Course there is Callahan's on 87th, which is my preferred place to watch Nebraska games, although I haven't been in a couple of years.

Thanks for this. I only knew of Callahan’s and did not know of the other watch sites. The Granfalloon is walking distance for me.

Last edited:
I've been to the Minsky's in the River Market to watch a couple NU games over the past few years. Like others have said, Minsky's is good, but can be pricey. Parking can be an issue at the River Market on a busy Saturday afternoon when the weather is nice in the early fall, so be prepared for that. The River Market Minsky's is kind of a weird setup, because it's two floors, and is a really narrow establishment. The times I have been there, crowds inside the restaurant haven't been too big of an issue (probably depends on the game), but if you have any more than 4-6 people in your group, I'd suggest getting there a bit early, because the layout makes it difficult to have large groups. There's no cost, or minimums to order that I'm aware of. Check on times for the farmer's market at River Market on Saturday's, because that brings out the crowds, and can make that area really congested. If you think parking will be an issue at River Market, park south of I-70 in downtown KC, and take the streetcar. First streetcar stop in the River Market is less than a block to Minsky's.

I've been to the Minsky's in the River Market to watch a couple NU games over the past few years. Like others have said, Minsky's is good, but can be pricey. Parking can be an issue at the River Market on a busy Saturday afternoon when the weather is nice in the early fall, so be prepared for that. The River Market Minsky's is kind of a weird setup, because it's two floors, and is a really narrow establishment. The times I have been there, crowds inside the restaurant haven't been too big of an issue (probably depends on the game), but if you have any more than 4-6 people in your group, I'd suggest getting there a bit early, because the layout makes it difficult to have large groups. There's no cost, or minimums to order that I'm aware of. Check on times for the farmer's market at River Market on Saturday's, because that brings out the crowds, and can make that area really congested. If you think parking will be an issue at River Market, park south of I-70 in downtown KC, and take the streetcar. First streetcar stop in the River Market is less than a block to Minsky's.
Thank you for the tips. Parking south of I70 is a good idea. As far as people its just me and maybe just maybe the better half, she doeant like the loud bar noise lol. and I tend to yell alot on saturdays.

Thanks for this. I only knew of Callahan’s and did not know of the other watch sites. The Granfalloon is walking distance for me.
It was 6 years ago when I lived at the Plaza, but now I am out in suburbia so it might have changed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back