• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota Opens as 6.5 Point Favorite Over Nebraska

Thursday
Aug. 29
South Dakota State Football ScheduleSouth Dakota State JackrabbitsTCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN9:00pm ETFS1W 28-21
Saturday
Sep. 7
Fresno State Football Scheduleat Fresno State BulldogsBulldog Stadium, Fresno, CA10:30pm ETCBSSNW 38-35(2OT)
Saturday
Sep. 14
Georgia Southern Football ScheduleGeorgia Southern EaglesTCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN3:30pm ETBTNW 35-32
Saturday
Sep. 21
OFF
Saturday
Sep. 28
Purdue Football Scheduleat Purdue BoilermakersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, IN3:30pm ETESPN2W 38-31
Saturday
Oct. 5
Illinois Football ScheduleIllinois Fighting Illini (HC)TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN3:30pm ETBTNW 40-17
Wow, thanks for posting the record. It's worse than I had remembered.

I can understand a close win against SDSU in an opening game. They're a good I-AA team, and you never know what you're going to get in your first game. Same goes for an OT win at Fresno. Nothing to see here.

But by your third game, and at home, any team with a pulse should just pummel GA Southern. Then to eke out a win against a Purdue team that's been decimated by injuries.

I seriously expected Illinois to beat them yesterday. Then I saw that U of I lost their QB in the first half.

The key to the game is going to be stopping their running game. But fortunately it doesn't look like we'll have to deal with a Justin Fields type of guy there.

It really doesn't matter who they've beaten or by how much. What matters is they've found a way to win every game they've played and we haven't. It also matters that they have good talent and are above average in the trenches. This will not be an easy game for us. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see us get beat handily. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It really doesn't matter who they've beaten or by how much. What matters is they've found a way to win every game they've played and we haven't. It also matters that they have good talent and are above average in the trenches. This will not be an easy game for us. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see us get beat handily. Hopefully I'm wrong.
If we play sloppy football like we have so often this year, we will get beat.

I think Vegas is looking at the fact that against a fairly easy schedule Minnesota won their first four games by 7 or less points in each game. Could easy be 1-4.
IIRC, they received a real lucky bounce on a pass play to hold on against Fresno. Still, knowing how to win is big. It will probably be ugly football with turnovers (not fruit filled ones) and penalties determining the winner.

What a difference a year makes. Last year Minnesota was our first win and it was a total beatdown.
They were probably the only team younger than us last year. A ton of freshman and sophomore starters. They returned a ton of starters and obviously were coached up from last year. Hopefully I am way wrong but this could be an ugly loss for NU. Not an OSU beat down but still ugly.

They are still the only team to beat Fresno State at Fresno in two years. We'll see how Fresno State turns out this season, but they were a ranked, 11-win team last season. They have one other loss this season, which was an 8-pt loss to USC at USC.

And South Dakota State is one of the four or five best teams in FCS. I think too many people downplay those upper-tier FCS teams.

Fresno and SDSU may be better than any team Nebraska has beaten. We really haven't played anyone -- with exception to one team that dismantled us. We've beaten three 1-win teams and one 2-win team. If the argument is that Minnesotan hasn't beaten anyone, then we most certainly have not either. Sure -- I agree -- Minnesota's schedule hasn't been difficult -- but I tend to think you are downplaying it too much and/or not bringing up the fact that Nebraska is in the same category.

Granted, you did tell me how Wisconsin wasn't going to be any good in the days leading up to their game against Michigan. So, there's that. :)

Honestly, I have no feel for Nebraska in the game against Minnesota. It's impossible to even guess without knowing the injury situation. But I will say again what I've emphasized a couple times this season -- be very wary about betting on the Nebraska side of the line. In fact, anyone who has been doing that on a regular basis is leaking money from their accounts. NU is 1-5 against the spread this season. It's dangerous territory to put money on the Nebraska side of the line. Now -- that doesn't mean Nebraska can't or won't beat Minnesota. I just wouldn't bet on it. But I've purposely avoided putting predictions into our contest here -- as I have zero confidence in making predictions on Nebraska games. With good reason -- most have been uncomfortably close.

Anyhow, I do feel Minnesota is better than any team we've beaten this season. Is there an argument against that? It will be a good measuring stick for both teams.
Yes we know. Every team Nebraska plays is the worst team ever especiallybif we beat them. Every other team plays the hardest schedule in history and we will lose byb1000 points. Blah blah blah

They are still the only team to beat Fresno State at Fresno in two years. We'll see how Fresno State turns out this season, but they were a ranked, 11-win team last season. They have one other loss this season, which was an 8-pt loss to USC at USC.

And South Dakota State is one of the four or five best teams in FCS. I think too many people downplay those upper-tier FCS teams.

Fresno and SDSU may be better than any team Nebraska has beaten. We really haven't played anyone -- with exception to one team that dismantled us. We've beaten three 1-win teams and one 2-win team. If the argument is that Minnesotan hasn't beaten anyone, then we most certainly have not either. Sure -- I agree -- Minnesota's schedule hasn't been difficult -- but I tend to think you are downplaying it too much and/or not bringing up the fact that Nebraska is in the same category.

Granted, you did tell me how Wisconsin wasn't going to be any good in the days leading up to their game against Michigan. So, there's that. :)

Honestly, I have no feel for Nebraska in the game against Minnesota. It's impossible to even guess without knowing the injury situation. But I will say again what I've emphasized a couple times this season -- be very wary about betting on the Nebraska side of the line. In fact, anyone who has been doing that on a regular basis is leaking money from their accounts. NU is 1-5 against the spread this season. It's dangerous territory to put money on the Nebraska side of the line. Now -- that doesn't mean Nebraska can't or won't beat Minnesota. I just wouldn't bet on it. But I've purposely avoided putting predictions into our contest here -- as I have zero confidence in making predictions on Nebraska games. With good reason -- most have been uncomfortably close.

Anyhow, I do feel Minnesota is better than any team we've beaten this season. Is there an argument against that? It will be a good measuring stick for both teams.
I still think Wisconsin loses 3 games between Michigan State, Iowa, tOSU, Nebraska and Minnesota.

Northwestern made them look pedestrian.

USF, Central Mich, Kent State, Northwestern and Michigan. Not murderers row!

:nod:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back