• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Miles to be back for 2017-18 season per Eichorst

The bottom line is that I don't have a good feeling about Miles coaching Nebraska next year. The way my instincts have gone lately with hoops, that probably means at least a sweet 16 run for them.

No part of any sport is ever 100% in your control. Sometimes, the other guy is just better. We would be above .500 this year if we would have had a legitimate shooter.

Common theme when it comes to Miles. "We would be if above .500 if..."

Last edited:

Which Assistant Coach will leave this year for a lateral or step down position? That seems to be a constant also.

Another question.

Miles did not get the almost automatic one year extension last year. Will he this year?

Another question.

Miles did not get the almost automatic one year extension last year. Will he this year?
If I had to guess, he will probably get an extension, but the buyout fine print will be equal to what it currently is. Basically saying, "4 year contract" but if you fire him, you have a write in buyout that would be the same as if you never extended him at all.

We have to create a new offense here, and I dont know if Miles is willing to do that. Bringin in a freshman guard who is a canidate for player of the year in high school state and a previous 5* player coming off injury. I hope Miles can do something here. Never know, Anton Gill could step up next year when healthy. He has the tools.

Hmmm, well alright then. Thought he should have been gone, but it is what it is. Moving forward would really like to know how exactly he plans on fixing this:

Offensive PPG rank:
2012:
334th
2013: 272nd
2014: 310th
2015: 200th
2016: 254th

This stat means aboslutely nothing.... just FYI...

Virginia and Wisconsin prove this year in and year out.... Offensive efficiency is what matters... And yes we need to impove on that. We need a consistent shooter NOW...

Last edited:
Time to cheer on Husker baseball.

Sounds good, but they'll likely fail also. UNL is really pretty poor when it comes to major team sports -- outside of women's volleyball. These are the dark days ... they've been going on for a while ... and I don't really see an end.

This stat means aboslutely nothing.... just FYI...

Virginia and Wisconsin prove this year in and year out.... Offensive efficiency is what matters... And yes we need to impove on that. We need a consistent shooter NOW...

And we probably had one with White ... but like most any top-quality player would do, he'll bail on Miles. Anyhow, I've heard/read the "consistent shooter" dream demand for quite a few years now.

Last edited:
And we probably had one with White ... but like most any top-quality player would do, he'll bail on Miles. Anyhow, I've heard/read the "consistent shooter" dream demand for quite a few years now.
Who, exactly, did Miles have as a "shooter" at CSU when he made a couple runs to the post season/big dance?

2009-CBI
2010-NIT
2011-NCAA

And with the Huskers, we had Petteway in 2013-is he classified a shooter or?

Last edited:

I briefly crunched some numbers this morning but these should be accurate.

That 2013/2014 tournament team actually shot worse statistically behind the arc than our current team (33.3% vs 33.8%). That tourney team also had 111 more turnovers and averaged 3.8 points per game less than our current team.

The tourney team held opponents to, get this, 11.0% worse from behind the arc.

It's all about defense, specifically, 3 point defense. We played in a lot of close games this year, hitting a couple more threes made a huge difference in those games. Has to improve next year.

Also, I think it mattered who was hitting those threes. Defenses packed the lane against us. Pitchford hit over 40% for that tourney team. Because he played the 4 and 5, he stretched the defenses out, leaving room for Shavon and Petteway to constantly attack similar to Tai. Posts who can stretch the defense matter.

All things that shouldn't be a surprise, but fun to look at numbers.

Rainbow...since you obviously have some time. . :)

What were the stats in the stretch that actually put nu on the dance.. what was it? A 9 game win streak? IIRC the record for the rest of the season was pretty much in mine with Miles' tenure here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back