• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Miles to be back for 2017-18 season per Eichorst

I admire Eichorst for getting this out as quickly as his policy states. What happened to Bo after the 2013 season was unfair and hurt the program. I'm leaning towards the side that thinks he should be gone but i'm not too upset and if you are going to keep him you need to make sure he isn't hindered by anything you do.

Last edited:

I'm leaning towards the side that thinks he should be gone but i'm not too upset.

I didn't like the body language of the last 4 games and I worry that Miles defense has been solved.

Miles has his work cut out for him for sure. Tourney or pink-slip.

Edit to say that I think its possible, but so is another season like this one.

Last edited:
I didn't like the body language of the last 4 games and I worry that Miles defense has been solved.

Miles has his work cut out for him for sure. Tourney or pink-slip.
There are going to be transfers, it's a matter of who. I would like to think Eichorst knows the pulse of the team and thinks the core will be back. I agree with you that the body language made me think he was almost certainly gone.

Last edited:
Well, at least everyone should be able to come to a consensus that next season will be a win-win. We'll either make it back to the tourney or we'll have a new coach to look forward to. :Biggrin:

Always going to be at least one transfer, possibly two in every program. Hope he can bag another shooter in this class.

Molinari, not sure he should be back.

Alright Miles, let's get it done next year.

Wow. I must say I'm fairly surprised. 5 games ago I was of the opinion that you bring him back. These last 5 games NU was one of the worst teams in the country. Oregon State bad...although even Oregon state won a game down the stretch.

NU finished 3-13 after the fluky 3-0 start. How much do you have to suck?

Honestly...is there anyone that watches this team feel like it's well coached but just undermanned? This team appeared to quit down stretch as evidenced by the body language that was mentioned earlier (not to mention the actual results). Don't talk about injuries. They were 2-6 with Morrow down the stretch and he wasn't much of a factor in one of the wins and when he came back his numbers were about what they were before. He missed 4 games last year and 7 this year. Plan on more of that given his foot issues. Who else missed significant time that matters?

Here's my issue Eichorst's decision making here. You don't extend the guy last year. That sends a message and presumably tells your coach that the next year is do or die. Well, obviously ANY result would have resulted in another year so why not extend him last year? Because you SURELY can't not extend him this time around can you? If going 1 year without an extension is a message to recruits you can bet your ass that 2 years in a row without is clear message. OR you extend him and literally throw $2M out the window when you fire him next year.

Young huh? Assuming PSU doesn't fire their coach I'll wager with anyone on this board that PSU has a better record next year.

Last edited:
Hmmm, well alright then. Thought he should have been gone, but it is what it is. Moving forward would really like to know how exactly he plans on fixing this:

Offensive PPG rank:
2012:
334th
2013: 272nd
2014: 310th
2015: 200th
2016: 254th

I just want to drive 2 1/2 hrs and see some damn offense that is not just some sloppy three's!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back