• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mike Anderson: Delusional

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Anyone catch the Mike Sanderson show last night? I'm not a regular listener, but I did catch part of the show while I was out and about.

Among numerous comical drops, Sanderson laid this out about being 5-9, "we are in a good spot right now"

He also added that "12 wins in the conference will land us in a regional" (umm, yeah, right, that leaves NU at 12-14 with series wins against who?)

Then theres Lane Grindle, ever the Pollyanna, talking about the how it was too bad that Nebraska had to go to Oklahoma to play when NU was playing such good baseball.

What Grindle? Are you high? Nebraska, which had won 7 of its last 10 at the time, was going down to OU to face a struggling Sooner team that just dropped 2 of 3 to Okie State (while giving up 24 runs in 3 games), and also lost a midweek game to Dallas Baptist.

There was never a better time to play Oklahoma. Of course then Nebraska scores 3 runs in two games and gets swept.

I am beginning to think that the whole athletic department, from top to bottom to radio announcers (sans the football team), are living in la la land.

Last edited:

http://huskerextra.com/sports/baseball/article_e0117cb6-9746-58b0-bce6-32b8b6d3b244.html

"You're not going to have the Big 12 RPI," Anderson said of a formula that plays a big role in teams getting at-large berths to the NCAA Tournament. "Right now, if we go .500 (in the Big 12) we're going to be in the top 35 RPI and have a legitimate chance to be an NCAA team. I don't think you're going to have a legitimate chance (getting a bid after going .500) in the Big Ten. ... You'd better establish all that prior to conference (play) next year."

Since when is finishing in top 35 RPI and .500 in conference our goals?!?! MA is damn downgrading our goals/objectives every year when we were contending for CWS berths...

The key is getting there early, making sure you do your work diligently. I think I have good contacts in Colorado, but still, you've got to do your work."....Nope...it ain't in Colorado, it is other states...

FIRE THE COACH...THIS IS PATHETIC, AND I DON'T CARE ANYMORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM UNTIL ANDERSON IS REMOVED FROM HIS DUTIES IMMEDIATELY. HE IS ABSOLUTELY LOST AND HAS TORPEDOED THIS PROGRAM AND SENT IT BACK TO THE OLD DAYS OF MEDIOCRITY.

NU has lost 4 of its 5 conference series so far.

Baylor and Texas are next up -- both in Lincoln.

Then A&M in College Station (since we haven't won a road series since '08, chalk that up as a loss).

Finish up with Mizzou in Lincoln.

Fortunate that 3 of the remaining 4 series are at home... but likely dogs in 3 of the 4 as well. 12 wins basically means winning two more series.

Anderson is clueless....can't believe the 2012 schedule is done....but in basketball they don't announce until summer time?

Don't like that the Big Ten will play 24 game conference schedule....8 3 game series and rotate teams after 2 years....will miss 2 teams every year. Was hoping to play everyone.

Does not say, but does anyone know how many teams make the tournament....8 teams?

With 12 conference games and 6 games against the top two teams I say the best we will go is 4-8/5-7....get swept by A&M and UT. win 2 from MU, maybe sweep and 1-2 from BU.

UT pitching staff is way better than OU and they dominated us....we might get shut out all 3 games versus UT. Jungmann will dominate us...but knowing our luck we will find a way to beat him...yeah right.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back