• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan Practice (9/18/18)

Frost's recruits were the right kind of players. He's still utilizing players with physical mismatches for the lack of substitute. I said it before, you aren't going to win much with some of Our undersized and step-behind players. They can work harder and longer all they want, but without the excess of talent we'll always fall a bit short.

Take receivers as an example. We rely mostly on short guys that are towered over by DBs. That last interception on Saturday was because Speilman couldn't match his stride to make a leap effort on the catch. It was a sound pass and taller receivers wouldn't have needed the leap. Speilman is talented. Only problem is he's also a liability with his size. All the effort in the world won't fix that size mismatch with DBs.

Frost's recruits were the right kind of players. He's still utilizing players with physical mismatches for the lack of substitute. I said it before, you aren't going to win much with some of Our undersized and step-behind players. They can work harder and longer all they want, but without the excess of talent we'll always fall a bit short.

Take receivers as an example. We rely mostly on short guys that are towered over by DBs. That last interception on Saturday was because Speilman couldn't match his stride to make a leap effort on the catch. It was a sound pass and taller receivers wouldn't have needed the leap. Speilman is talented. Only problem is he's also a liability with his size. All the effort in the world won't fix that size mismatch with DBs.
Barron says HI.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barron_Miles

Regarding the Spielman play, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone blew a route. Looked like there were 3 Huskers within about 7 yards, which rarely is a good sign south of the goal line

Last edited:

Regarding the Spielman play, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone blew a route. Looked like there were 3 Huskers within about 7 yards, with rarely is a good sign south of the goal line
I noticed the same. Too many WR in the same area will make covering them very easy.

Frost had plenty of small receivers at UFC and he has mostly recruited small receivers since arriving here.

More than enough talent to beat CU and Troy.

C

As far as an FCS opponent is concerned, I’m guessing the players were happy to see that open date on Oct 27th! I know they came to DONU to play football, but making them play a nobody for the purpose of filling the coffers isn’t going to motivate anybody.

If it's the difference between bowling and not, then it does motivate them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back