• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCord is gone

The ACC is mid tier? Clemson might disagree
They are … FSU and Miami were/are rumored to be looking to get out. The conferences revenue pales in comparison to the B1G. They had one team in the top 12 of this year’s rankings. Their undefeated conference champion got left out over two one-loss conference champions

Not talking about Syracuse as if NU is better, they aren’t.

But
… if you believe the ACC is > than the B1G
… if you believe SU’s upside is higher than NU’s
… if you can rationalize Fran Brown as a better coach than MR

McCord going to Syracuse is a weak move and frankly shows why Ryan Day is smart to look elsewhere.
Firmly believe he went there for less competition and easier opponents.

He comes here and we play tougher schedule and want to run the ball. Say he goes 18 tds and 8 ints and the team wins 7-8 games. How does that appeal to NFL teams, and more so his own ego?

He goes to Syracuse and has little to no competition for starting role. Plays a lesser schedule in the ACC. Let's say he throws 29 tds and 7 ints and the Orange win 9 games. How does that look to NFL and also to his own ego?

Can't say I blame him but Day might have been onto something by reevaluating his QB room.

He comes here and we play tougher schedule and want to run the ball. Say he goes 18 tds and 8 ints and the team wins 7-8 games. How does that appeal to NFL teams, and more so his own ego?

He goes to Syracuse and has little to no competition for starting role. Plays a lesser schedule in the ACC. Let's say he throws 29 tds and 7 ints and the Orange win 9 games. How does that look to NFL and also to his own ego?

Can't say I blame him but Day might have been onto something by reevaluating his QB room.
We when 7-8 games this year without all those turnovers, just sayin

They are … FSU and Miami were/are rumored to be looking to get out. The conferences revenue pales in comparison to the B1G. They had one team in the top 12 of this year’s rankings. Their undefeated conference champion got left out over two one-loss conference champions
Ok ok, I get it.

The way I see it, many folks are content finishing last in the best conference than maybe getting a crack at a better record in a "mid tier" conference. That is absolutely where Nebraska is currently stuck.

I'll say it until I die, I love the current HC and I think things are moving in the right direction, but I honestly feel like Nebraska football won't succeed in the Big Ten. Especially now that there won't be two divisions. I hope I'm wrong but there hasn't been any evidence of it happening yet.

You make good points but the billion dollar industry called the NFL isn't going to miss out on a good qb no matter where he plays or what hos record is. Yes I know there are examples of this happening but it hasn't really happened recently.

Ok ok, I get it.

The way I see it, many folks are content finishing last in the best conference than maybe getting a crack at a better record in a "mid tier" conference. That is absolutely where Nebraska is currently stuck.

I'll say it until I die, I love the current HC and I think things are moving in the right direction, but I honestly feel like Nebraska football won't succeed in the Big Ten. Especially now that there won't be two divisions. I hope I'm wrong but there hasn't been any evidence of it happening yet.
Like I said, time to reassess in time. I see us as 9 to 10 wins next year.
First, its MRs MO, has done it everywhere he's been, wins 4 or more games from year one to year two.
Second, turnovers. That lost us two to four games this year.
Third, if everyones winning more than nine games in the Big, you'd be right, but we both know thats impossible.

The signs are there, all you have to do is look.

Ok ok, I get it.

Part of the issue is change. There is so much change happening, some positive and some negative. Hard to gauge where we are and where we can end up when the end result is constantly moving.

In my viewpoint the CFP expanding to 12 gives hope, the expanded B10 actually may not be a bad thing, can NU persevere? I believe teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin have far more to lose than NU. Can we develop a consistent 2 or 3 loss team, which will be borderline CFP eligible. I do believe Michigan and tOSU are heads and shoulders above everyone else in the B1G. I believe the 4 west coast teams may suffer a bit because of the distance, travel and fan indifference.

NU has a long way to go to be top 25 capable but for the first time in two decades it feels like the leadership is in place to handle the challenge.

Part of the issue is change. There is so much change happening, some positive and some negative. Hard to gauge where we are and where we can end up when the end result is constantly moving.

In my viewpoint the CFP expanding to 12 gives hope, the expanded B10 actually may not be a bad thing, can NU persevere? I believe teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin have far more to lose than NU. Can we develop a consistent 2 or 3 loss team, which will be borderline CFP eligible. I do believe Michigan and tOSU are heads and shoulders above everyone else in the B1G. I believe the 4 west coast teams may suffer a bit because of the distance, travel and fan indifference.

NU has a long way to go to be top 25 capable but for the first time in two decades it feels like the leadership is in place to handle the challenge.
I think this class ends up inside the top twenty, maybe brushing top fifteen.
I think it's possible we are ranked at some point during the season, but who knows now that pac teams will be playing in both Big conferences and there'll be actual examples as opposed to speculations as to how teams relate to each other.

Husker fans will bite on any far fetched story these days. I don't even see raiola coming here and if he does he'll be gone in a year. This is NOT the place to come as a top rated QB. Sorry, but true.

4070ec3684229513898cd7388f9c499f.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back