• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #9 Sunday 12/4 vs #7 Creighton @ Creighton 330 PM CT FS1 GAME THREAD (W; 63-53 FIRST WIN OVER CREIGHTON @ OMAHA SINCE 04!!!) Story Post #170

Awesome! I was out and dvr’d the game today and just finished. I was critical early on and happy to be proven wrong. CU did miss a lot of open 3s that most times they seem to hit but Im really impressed with the defense and crashing the boards. Awesome job NU keep it up. I‘m old school and love to see the defense and hustle.

Go Big Red!

Looks a lot more like a B1G team. A nice big man that can get 15-20 a game.

Another nice player Giesel that can get around 15 a game. Everyone else contributes. Play defense and rebound and stay in games. Don’t rely on shooting 40% from the arc.

It’s not pretty basketball which is what Fred wants but it can be effective.

I talked to Lil' All 'N' this afternoon at about 3:00 pm letting him know that we would watch Nebraska beat Creighton after his shoot around and after I showed him the second half of the Nebraska-Boston College game. He was surprised and asked, "They already won?" I said, "They game starts in 30 minutes, but they are going to win. I will show you why in the Boston College game."

What a great game! Fred has himself a team!

I had a family event yesterday, so didn't post the TeamRankings ahead of time. I am sure we were given a very small chance of winning. But, overnight TeamRankings ran their simulations. We've bumped up to a 13.5-17.5 record projection.

1670244188279.png

What I liked about the this win and the BC game was how we won in completely different ways. BC was balanced scoring and lights-out shooting. This one was play defense and shorten the game while depending on post and point guard play ala a Moe Iba team. Walker and Griesel could have been Andre Smith and Jack Moore tonight.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back