• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #8, (W, 75-60), Sun, 12/2 vs Illinois (#88) (2-5), @ PBA, 4:00pm CT, BTN

We finally watched the game last night around 7:30 after seeing Creed II and doing some Christmas shopping, so I'm late to the party again. Very happy that the team is off to 1-0 in conference play and 7-1 overall. Free throw shooting looked much better last night. In fact, Nebraska made 12 more than Illinois shot.

Nebraska never trailed, and the game never felt like Illinois would get back in it; yet, Nebraska was outscored by 1 in the second half leaving us feeling like it wasn't a complete game. Chalk it up to Watson not playing as much due to foul trouble, Roby still not being that confident attacker with the ball, and Palmer still not getting completely into the flow with his teammates.

We were talking during the game that it would be nice to see some of Palmer's confidence on offense get transferred into Roby. Several times, we stopped the game and looked at the times that Roby could have made a move to the basket that wasn't forcing the issue; a good basketball play that would have either led to him scoring or dishing it to someone else if help side defensive moved in to stop him. Give me the Roby who led the transition fastbreak and finished it with a thunder rocking jam.

Good win...time to take down the Gophers on Wednesday.

We finally watched the game last night around 7:30 after seeing Creed II and doing some Christmas shopping, so I'm late to the party again. Very happy that the team is off to 1-0 in conference play and 7-1 overall. Free throw shooting looked much better last night. In fact, Nebraska made 12 more than Illinois shot.

Nebraska never trailed, and the game never felt like Illinois would get back in it; yet, Nebraska was outscored by 1 in the second half leaving us feeling like it wasn't a complete game. Chalk it up to Watson not playing as much due to foul trouble, Roby still not being that confident attacker with the ball, and Palmer still not getting completely into the flow with his teammates.

We were talking during the game that it would be nice to see some of Palmer's confidence on offense get transferred into Roby. Several times, we stopped the game and looked at the times that Roby could have made a move to the basket that wasn't forcing the issue; a good basketball play that would have either led to him scoring or dishing it to someone else if help side defensive moved in to stop him. Give me the Roby who led the transition fastbreak and finished it with a thunder rocking jam.

Good win...time to take down the Gophers on Wednesday.
I thought the Huskers were very poor on offense after the initial run to open the game. But like you said, we were never really challenged after that. Sure, Illinois cut it to 5 a couple of times but I never felt that Nebraska was in trouble. Not like I had in the past. So I think it is nice to play poorly offensively and still win comfortably. Sure, its only Illinois and many Big Ten teams will make us pay for playing like this but in the past, we lost games like this.

Last edited:

I thought the Huskers were very poor on offense after the initial run to open the game. But like you said, we were never really challenged after that. Sure, Illinois cut it to 5 a couple of times but I never felt that Nebraska was in trouble. Not like I had in the past. So I think it is nice to play poorly offensively and still win comfortably. Sure, its only Illinois and many Big Ten teams will make us pay for playing like this but in the past, we lost games like this.
Agree.

Just think about Roby taking over a game...

I wonder how much leash he is given to drive. When he drives to the basket and finishes, wow.
I would hope his leash would be cut loose when it's staring him in the face. I know he missed a couple close to the rim last night...maybe, that plays with his confidence, and he puts that leash on himself.

Nebraska was outscored by 1 in the second half leaving us feeling like it wasn't a complete game. Chalk it up to Watson not playing as much due to foul trouble, Roby still not being that confident attacker with the ball, and Palmer still not getting completely into the flow with his teammates.

we stopped the game and looked at the times that Roby could have made a move to the basket that wasn't forcing the issue; a good basketball play that would have either led to him scoring or dishing it to someone else if help side defensive moved in to stop him. Give me the Roby who led the transition fastbreak and finished it with a thunder rocking jam.

I thought the Huskers were very poor on offense after the initial run to open the game.

Good observations. We are certainly a different team offensively when Glynn is not running it. It sure would be nice to see Roby get more aggressive taking up the slack when Glynn is out (or even when he is in).

Good observations. We are certainly a different team offensively when Glynn is not running it. It sure would be nice to see Roby get more aggressive taking up the slack when Glynn is out (or even when he is in).
Many on here and the announcers during each game think that Roby has the ability to do so. Waiting for it to happen. It will be awesome to see.

Many on here and the announcers during each game think that Roby has the ability to do so. Waiting for it to happen. It will be awesome to see.
He needs to avoid foul trouble. It seems like we have had one guy in foul trouble every game. Illinois was trying to get Watson in foul trouble.

He needs to avoid foul trouble. It seems like we have had one guy in foul trouble every game. Illinois was trying to get Watson in foul trouble.
No doubt that is true. Like I said last week, at this rate, there will be no worrying about him declaring for the NBA at season's end. The team and Roby both need that to be something to think about at season's end.

The first time shooting fewer than 20 3-pt shots all season. I kind of like that a little bit more than what has been the trend.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back