• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #33 (3/22) #8 Nebraska (23-10) vs #9 Texas A&M (20-14) (Memphis)(FedEx Forum) Tip 5:50 CT TNT GAME THREAD

No, we didn't.. There were many uncontested wide open 3 point shots taken because we were out of place.

About the zone.. you are wrong.. playing zone helps with mismatches, it doesn't take better players to be able to play

To the last bold... lol, what problems am I creating with putting my opinions down in a message board forum?\

I understand that playing a zone does open the door for better outside shooters, but at some point we needed to try and stop at least 1 of the things they were doing! The dribble drive was the killer

EDIT: This isn't an audition for a potential head basketball coaching job, this is a message board. I played the game, and I coached some, too. Zone worked well for me at times. I assume since you keep telling me I am wrong, you too, played and or coached.. weird how coaches in the NCAA do different things
1711497666800.png

(Just adding a little levity to the situation ;)

IMO we lost this game for several reason

1 - A team that was in the 300s in 3point shooting shot lights out. I thought we contested the 3s well enough, they just caught fire.........not much we could do.

2 - They were more athletic. Now, they did a lot of the things against Houston that they did against us.......so it wasnt all that we were horrible athletes. Some of it was they were just that good. But there is a clear athletic gap between us and t&M.

3 - All year long we contested drives fairly well, but there were several games (most notabley ILL) where we got into foul trouble and Fred called the team out several games for contesting drives in not a smart way.
We gave Ill too many foul shots. Meaning fouling too much.
It was obvious to me when you watch that game, that the players backed off in order to not foul and to try and keep guys off the line. Not get into foul trouble. To some degree it may have been an overreaction to the Illinois game. This was a mistake and should have been addressed at some point but it wasnt or if it was, it was too late

Last edited:
1711563665690.png

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The Nebraska men's basketball team saw its season come to an end with a 98-83 loss to Texas A&M in the NCAA Tournament First Round at FedExForum on Friday night.
  • The No. 8 seed Huskers finished the season 23-11, the second most wins in school history. NU was making its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2014. No. 9 seed Texas A&M (21-14) will move on to the second round to face the winner of No. 1 Houston and No. 16 Longwood.
  • Brice Williams had a team-high 24 points with four rebounds and four assists. Keisei Tominaga scored 21 points and hit 5-of-11 from 3-point range. Josiah Allick recorded a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Juwan Gary and Rienk Mast chipped in nine and seven points, respectively.
A&M finished 35-of-71 (49.3 percent) from the field and 13-of-23 (season-high 56.5 percent) from 3-point range, which was also the best 3-point percentage by a Husker opponent this season.

Nebraska went 27-of-59 (45.8 percent) overall and 7-of-22 (31.8 percent) from long range. The Aggies won the rebounding battle, 40-28. The top offensive rebounding team in the nation, Texas A&M finished with 14 offensive boards.

(Sorry if this has been posted before)
Post Game Press Conference (56:00)
Starts about the 17 min mark with Texas A&M players/Coach Williams
Huskers with Keisei Tomanaga, Josiah Alleck & Coach Hoiberg starts about the 40 min mark

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back