• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #24, (L, 70-69), THU, 2/9 vs WISCONSIN @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN "PACK THE VAULT"

Turnovers and missed free throws down the stretch. Is that coaching or is it the kids? Thought the coaches had them ready to play. Once again, they did not execute in the clutch. I like this team and I like that they played hard tonight. But, at some time, they have to accept the responsibility of these close losses. The coaches cannot bail them out every time. I am sure they all feel badly about this game. But, they have to reach deep down inside themselves and get it figured out.

Last edited:

Wisconsin has a knack for making teams play sloppy, but at least 50% of that was self-inflicted. I'm sure some people will place blame the refs, but they called it pretty straight down the stretch, we just didn't do what we needed to do. They were inconsistent though, which is a frustrating epidemic throughout college basketball in general.

That last possession by Webster was a bad decision. Wisconsin was waiting for that. Webster drive, kick-out to the wing for the shot or a quick ball rotation would have got a wide open look. Then like Bardo said, Morrow and Jacobson crash the boards for a put back.

Not frustrated by the loss, frustrated how we played for most of the game.
Agree. We worked on losing that game the whole way through. Silly turnovers and a crap ton of them. Should not have been in the game to be honest but we played pretty strong defensively and rebounded well for the most part.

Second to last in the conference right now but a game out of a tie for 7th. Gotta avoid that play in game and I think we will. Although most of the remaining games are against the bottom of the conference so we need to start playing better in those types of games.

Not frustrated by the loss, frustrated how we played for most of the game.

Tonight, for me, these are not mutually exclusive, and there is no satisfaction in playing these guys close and losing in overtime.

Nebraska had the #7 team in the country on the ropes, up 2 just over a minute to play, shot clock at :13. Coming out of the time out, you cannot leave any shooter open on the arc in that situation, especially after you force Wisconsin to chew half those precious 13 seconds by pressuring the ball handler on the entry pass.

This is one of the sloppiest games Wisconsin will have played this season, and Nebraska had an extraordinary number of chances to seize that victory.

I am not blaming the coaches, nor am I blaming the players. They are all culpable for that loss.

Tonight, for me, these are not mutually exclusive, and there is no satisfaction in playing these guys close and losing in overtime.

Nebraska had the #7 team in the country on the ropes, up 2 just over a minute to play, shot clock at :13. Coming out of the time out, you cannot leave any shooter open on the arc in that situation, especially after you force Wisconsin to chew half those precious 13 seconds by pressuring the ball handler on the entry pass.

This is one of the sloppiest games Wisconsin will have played this season, and Nebraska had an extraordinary number of chances to seize that victory.

I am not blaming the coaches, nor am I blaming the players. They are all culpable for that loss.
That's a viable take as well.

Crazy to think that this team is so close to being 15-9 despite not having any real "talent".... beat Clemson, Gardner Webb, Ohio St, Rutgers and Wisconsin... and that is where we would be at...

I like the effort, hate the mental errors and and could still go either way on Miles...

Crazy to think that this team is so close to being 15-9 despite not having any real "talent".... beat Clemson, Gardner Webb, Ohio St, Rutgers and Wisconsin... and that is where we would be at...

I like the effort, hate the mental errors and and could still go either way on Miles...

Actually they have "legitimate talent", at least thats what I've been reading...

Ed Morrows presense inside truely is the difference in this team he makes this team better, Free Throws not withstanding. It really is too bad they couldn't put the game away. With Morrow back playing they really do have a chance in every game they have left.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back