• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #23 (16-6)(6-5) Nebraska vs #14 (16-5)(7-3) Illinois @ State Farm Arena BTN 5:30 CT GAME THREAD

Yea, but Minnesota, Rutgers and Maryland weren’t ranked either. Still need to play at least as well as tonight
Totally agree
Just saying what they're saying.
just passing a prognosticators opinion
And he also said, if they play the way they play now.

Last edited:

The athletic department needs to file a complaint against the officials tonight. I don’t typically complain about officiating, but that was against the spirit of competition.

That’s also why I don’t take Big 10 teams very far in March brackets. Illinois doesn’t know what a foul is and whomever they are playing is going to shoot 30+ free throws because of it.
That is a very good point
one that will happen over and over
Complaining seems to be a big waste of time!

Last edited:
The foul calls on Keisei and another one where the Illinois player goes over the back were bad. The call on Hoiberg was criminal.

Mast has to pull the trigger at the end. Don't get it stripped.

They played better than I expected but man we need a road win. Any road win

The foul calls on Keisei and another one where the Illinois player goes over the back were bad. The call on Hoiberg was criminal.

Mast has to pull the trigger at the end. Don't get it stripped.

They played better than I expected but man we need a road win. Any road win
Mast made a mistake but I looked to me like the plan was to get it to Keisei and so even with the time left and his ability to shoot he hesitated thinking "get it to Keisei"

Closeup of that play on Twitter shows Shannon hacked him there and the call on Wilcher at end of regulation there wasn't any contact, but what can you do?

Closeup of that play on Twitter shows Shannon hacked him there and the call on Wilcher at end of regulation there wasn't any contact, but what can you do?
Yea
Except if they call that foul with 4 seconds left....prob not a great chance to score 3 in 3 or 4 seconds

But still

Its the hoiberg foul cost us the game

Your Final Stats:

Apologize for the delay - We had a total power outrage :rant: starting @ about 10 mins left in the second half, in the middle of our run, :Hair Fire: so I missed the ending of the game and OT. (winter storm don't ya know, power didn't come back on until after I had retired. :runaway::Sleep:)
Thankfully I could still listen to Kent & Jake on the cell phone.

What an exciting game!!! Unhappily we came up just short at the end. I think we out-played them!!! At Worst we played the #14 team to a Draw in a full crowd @ Their Place! :Mfclap: :Mfclap: :Mfclap: :Salute:

This game is on the (willfully)
1707170038206.jpeg
Refs. "mshrug:

1707166293001.png

Last edited:
The guy on the big 10 network says he'll talk about the referees later
I can't wait
I hope he doesn't change his mind
Never happened, apparently
never heard a word
I’m sorry but a team having 4 team fouls with 2:30 to go in OVERTIME while the other is in the double bonus in regulation is absolutely asinine
Another thing to add to those referees' terrible calls.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back