• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #23 (16-6)(6-5) Nebraska vs #14 (16-5)(7-3) Illinois @ State Farm Arena BTN 5:30 CT GAME THREAD

The guy on the big 10 network says he'll talk about the referees later
I can't wait
I hope he doesn't change his mind

I’m sorry but a team having 4 team fouls with 2:30 to go in OVERTIME while the other is in the double bonus in regulation is absolutely asinine

Tell that to Wisconsin they were in the same boat on Thursday.

There is definitely a home team advantage with the refs on the B1G.

Had to listen to most of game on road as I was traveling. Kent and Jake consistently commenting on the officiating!

The difference between the play where Rienk Mast gets his wrist slapped and the ball gets away from him and play where Sam Hoiberg ties up the ball and then gets called for a foul? Illinois is the home team. Sam's play was cleaner and harder to see.

Way to go Big Red, keep playing with intensity.

Last edited:

The athletic department needs to file a complaint against the officials tonight. I don’t typically complain about officiating, but that was against the spirit of competition.

That’s also why I don’t take Big 10 teams very far in March brackets. Illinois doesn’t know what a foul is and whomever they are playing is going to shoot 30+ free throws because of it.

I'm not blaming Mast for the loss, but there were many times during the game I wish he would have been more assertive in taking shots and driving towards the basket and going up strong
yeah there was a part of the second half were they were just launching 3s w/o setting up any offense or letting ppl get past half court. didnt understand that. i understand pushing the court, but thats when you are neck and neck with a defender, not when they have 3 defending infront of you and the rest of your team is behind you. you dont launch a 3 like that. thats a wasted possession.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back