• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #22, (L, 64-59), Mon, 1/22 @ Ohio State (#13) (16-4) (6-0), 7:00pm CST, BTN

I always know what I want to type. My phone is the stupid one that likes to change things.

It's tough to get it right in between all those walmart and amazon gift cards you keep winning!!
X3w77b7.gif

On one hand NU played a top 2 big 10 team close on the road. That's obviously good.

But....sorry for the wet blanket....that game isn't close if Palmer doesn't go apesheet with 34 points. 58% of NU's points. He was sensational. The rest of the squad was somewhere between mediocre and awful.

Crazy stat...NU had a total of 6 assists on 21 buckets. Occasionally you need a guy like Palmer to bail you out with a bananas night like that but what's up with Watson. He has been pretty inconsistent in big 10 play...a couple good games but mostly ineffective otherwise. NU isn't going to be as good as they can be with him putting up 2 point, 2 assist nights.

Anyway...this one would have been a major bonus. Now they need to not lose any games to teams like rutgers.

Gill and Watson have to get a handle on things. When you are not hitting 3’s, try to get some easier 2’s. Those two just don’t get it. I would have given Allen more looks, or god forbid, McV.

I've said it a million times, Miles is successful when his PG is successful. I was really hoping this year would be Watson's year, that with all the new/fresh faces around, he would take command of this team and put his stamp on it... but instead he looks more passive than last year which is really disappointing. Honestly I like how Allen looks, he is going to be a handful.

Miles needs to push these guys to not settle. We should not be shooting 8/29 on 3s. Palmer was crashing hard to the hoop when they tried to take away the 3, the other guys need to take a lesson from him on that. Copeland could be a matchup nightmare - there's a reason he was ranked as high as he was coming out of high school - but he needs to get more aggressive, not settle for that 3. Gill had a terribly off night, that will happen, but if he isn't hitting, perhaps he also needs to put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop.

That's probably my biggest complaint of Miles in general. Get on your players to take the ball to the basket, try to get fouled, don't settle for 3s. Its not his fault we lost the game because we shot 8/29 on 3s, but whoever is in charge of rotations better figure out something else than 4 guys out there bombing away.

And what's with our bigs all of sudden not moving their feet? Okeke and Jordy are in for a combined 10 minutes and have 6 fouls to show for it? Give me a break. You can't complain about playing time when all you do is foul. We needed one of those 2 or even Tanner to come in and play some strong minutes because we were getting destroyed on the glass at certain times but really got nothing. Hopefully this improves.

I've said it a million times, Miles is successful when his PG is successful. I was really hoping this year would be Watson's year, that with all the new/fresh faces around, he would take command of this team and put his stamp on it... but instead he looks more passive than last year which is really disappointing. Honestly I like how Allen looks, he is going to be a handful.

Miles needs to push these guys to not settle. We should not be shooting 8/29 on 3s. Palmer was crashing hard to the hoop when they tried to take away the 3, the other guys need to take a lesson from him on that. Copeland could be a matchup nightmare - there's a reason he was ranked as high as he was coming out of high school - but he needs to get more aggressive, not settle for that 3. Gill had a terribly off night, that will happen, but if he isn't hitting, perhaps he also needs to put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop.

That's probably my biggest complaint of Miles in general. Get on your players to take the ball to the basket, try to get fouled, don't settle for 3s. Its not his fault we lost the game because we shot 8/29 on 3s, but whoever is in charge of rotations better figure out something else than 4 guys out there bombing away.

And what's with our bigs all of sudden not moving their feet? Okeke and Jordy are in for a combined 10 minutes and have 6 fouls to show for it? Give me a break. You can't complain about playing time when all you do is foul. We needed one of those 2 or even Tanner to come in and play some strong minutes because we were getting destroyed on the glass at certain times but really got nothing. Hopefully this improves.

I’m not in love with taking the ball to the rim all the time if the 3 isn’t falling. A guy can get a feel and his stroke back with some mid range jumpers. We have far too many plays of guys driving and getting hung in the air with no place to go with the ball. Get a screen, come off for a quick pull up and get your rhythm back.

As for Jordy and Okeke, I think they did exactly what Miles wanted; go in and be aggressive. Jordy was getting good position and calling for the ball on O, and was physical and aggressive on D. Roby can’t play that role, because he can’t afford the fouls, so the big boys are going to take that responsibility as long as we play a small lineup.

Tough loss last night, in large part because the win was there for the taking. Ugh.

But still not a bad loss as long as we take care of business against lesser opponents.

We seem to play to the level of the competition. That needs to stop going forward. While I don't expect to win all 9 remaining games, they are all "winnable". Play like we can play and we will be in the tournament.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back