• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #19, (L, 71-78), Mon, 1/17 vs INDIANA, @ PBA, 5 PM CT, BTN -TV (Game Thread/Recap)

Final Stats:

1642468554443.png

Verge steal, and........ :Rolf:

Verge has some incredible drives throughout a game. But, I just don't think he can be the point guard in crunch time of a close game. We need his defense and he 'can' make difficult shots under duress; but, his hero mentality needs to somehow be reined in. Several times, there was an open shooter as he drove. :Banghead:

Verge has some incredible drives throughout a game. But, I just don't think he can be the point guard in crunch time of a close game. We need his defense and he 'can' make difficult shots under duress; but, his hero mentality needs to somehow be reined in. Several times, there was an open shooter as he drove. :Banghead:
Did you notice that it was Trey bringing up the ball at the end of the game? I think you are correct, and Hoiberg knows it - but his intended fix for this issue just missed 15 games.

My take aways from this game:

- Trey McGowans is fun to watch -- he knew exactly what to do to Xavier Johnson to make him uncomfortable, and wasn't afraid to do it to his friend.
- Lat Mayen has become a dirty player. If there's a chance to swing an elbow or knee, he's going to do it.
- Bryce McGowans needs to play defense more like his brother, while driving the lane more. I'm hoping Trey's return will help both of those things.

Last edited:

Did you notice that it was Trey bringing up the ball at the end of the game? I think you are correct, and Hoiberg knows it - but his intended fix for this issue just missed 15 games.

- Trey McGowans is fun to watch -- he knew exactly what to do to Xavier Johnson to make him uncomfortable, and wasn't afraid to do it to his friend.
- Lat Mayen has become a dirty player. If there's a chance to swing an elbow or knee, he's going to do it.
- Bryce McGowans needs to play defense more like his brother, while driving the lane more. I'm hoping Trey's return will help both of those things.

Agree on all points. I didn't really like some of Trey's antics last season (stopping in front of a player in open court to pick up the cheap foul, for example); but, his attitude and willingness to play in your shorts defense is a large part of what this team needs.

Maybe he is just clumsy?? ;)

Sorry to have missed the game. I just did not check the schedule or the BTN network. My bad. I recorded the late one. I am not finished with watching, but Trey was awesome. He knows what to do with the ball, and he can hit free throws!!

I just want to say, we missed so many chances to score, when they stole the ball or got a break-away, defensive rebound. Too many times they would miss easy layups!! Geeeeeesh!!!

Will we ever win a game? Sure, we score many points, but give away more, anyway. Defense!!!!!!

Maybe he is just clumsy?? ;)

Sorry to have missed the game. I just did not check the schedule or the BTN network. My bad. I recorded the late one. I am not finished with watching, but Trey was awesome. He knows what to do with the ball, and he can hit free throws!!

I just want to say, we missed so many chances to score, when they stole the ball or got a break-away, defensive rebound. Too many times they would miss easy layups!! Geeeeeesh!!!

Will we ever win a game? Sure, we score many points, but give away more, anyway. Defense!!!!!!
Spoiler Alert: yes, we will win a game. Not saying when though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back