• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #16 (12-3)(2-2) Nebraska vs (14-1)(3-1) #1 Purdue @ PBA 8 CT Peacock(sub required) GAME THREAD

Both Allick siblings are competitive and both took down #1
1000001637.jpg

Not a huge BB fan and I'm mostly just "aware" of the team given my love of NU and especially the football team. But this was amazing to see and I'm so happy that Nebrasketball seems to be trending upwards, finally. Especially given the struggles the program seems to have had for some time and the early worries that Hoiberg might be Frost II.

Hope they can keep it up and make the tourney!

Just watched the highlights. It was on too late for me. What a game and what a moment to remember.

Lucky people who were there.

I was in the old coliseum when NU came within a buzzer beater shot of beating Kansas and Clyde Lovellette, Hall of Fame player , when KU was ranked one I believe. And I saw the team from the Lincoln Air base during WWII the Lincoln Wings - Wings had Goose Tatum, Vic Kraft, Ray Lump - names that mean nothing now but who were AAmericans before being drafted), play an exhibition against the Minneapolis Lakers who had what was at that time a giant 6 10 center George Mikan, and hall of famers like Jim Pollard.

The coliseum remains a vivid memory in my mind 8 decades later. Pinnacle will remain etched in the memory of everyone who attended this game.

Good news! The game was on this morning on Basketball in 60! It'll be on tomorrow morning at 10 AM and Noon, Central. Don't miss it.
If it's out there, I'll find it! :Mfclap: :cool: :Happyrun:

Turns out the game is also on at 3:30 a.m., Thursday morning, central time

Last edited:
What a great scene post-game! Not gonna come down too hard on Purdue coach’s points about getting his guys out of the arena more seamlessly; he wasn’t dumping on celebrations generally, just the safety of his guys, as he should. Very cool to see Derrick Walker there and he made think of some other really good recent players (of great character) like Isiah Roby and Shavon Shields that never got to enjoy something quite like THAT!

Winning doesn’t suck! GBR! Keep it going.

Matt Painter. CRY ME A RIVER.

I posted a reply to this on another chat site, but I think Painter has a valid point.

I know it's a popular thing to pile on the coach, but he's not wrong. If you've ever been on a court of field as a member of the losing team, it can kind of get weird, and even the best fans can have idiots who want to jump in the faces of competitive athletes who have just lost an emotional game. Have cops, security and ropes ready to create a barrier so an opponent can get to the locker room without fighting through a mob. It doesn't have to be a huge blocked off area. Like he said, the fans should be able to storm the court, that's not his issue, the problem is getting the players who don't want to be in the middle of it off the floor.

It's just about having a plan in place, and I'm betting Trev is ready going forward.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back