• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #12, (L, 74-75), Sat, 12/21 vs NORTH DAKOTA @ PBA, 5:00pm CT, BTN + (Pay) & Game Thread

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Huskers Fall in Final Seconds, 75-74

Game Recap; links to Box Score, Post-Game Comments and all.

Matej Kavas had 12 points off the bench in the Huskers' loss to North Dakota.
Huskers Host North Dakota at PBA on Saturday
Don't Miss IT!
index.php
(In Person, or BTN Plus - Live Streaming)

Huskers (5-6), vs North Dakota (5-7)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2: - :Shout: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:

Game will be live-streamed on BTN+
(subscription required)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Kids Zone on the North Concourse will open 90 minutes prior to tipoff and kids will be able to get their picture taken with Santa Claus until 4:45 p.m.

Television: None
Online Broadcast: BTN+ (subscription required)
Play-by-play: Dustyn Stortzum
Analyst: Buzzy Caruthers
Radio: Learfield-IMG Husker Sports Network, including 590 AM (Omaha), 1400 AM (Lincoln) and 880 AM (Lexington)
Play-by-play: Kent Pavelka
Analyst: Jake Muhleisen
Online Radio: Available on Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn.com/Huskers and TuneIn App.
SiriusXM (Internet): 974

Nebraska (5-6) comes off its best performance of the season, a 70-56 win over Purdue last Sunday. The Huskers were led by Cam Mack's triple-double (11 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists), the first in Nebraska men's basketball history, as Nebraska's 70 points were the most Purdue allowed this season.

Dachon Burke Jr. led NU with a game-high 18 point and grabbed a season-high seven rebounds while Thorir Throbjarnarson added 13 points in the win. Mack's performance overshadowed an outstanding defensive effort, as NU held Purdue to season lows in both points (54) and field goal percentage (.304).

SCOUTING NORTH DAKOTA
North Dakota comes to Lincoln with a 5-7 mark after posting a 59-point win over Northland on Tuesday evening. First-year coach Paul Sather is no stranger to the region, as he spent the past nine seasons at Northern State, guiding that program to a trio of NCAA Division II Tournaments and a runner-up finish in 2018. His teams won the Northern Sun Conference title in each of the past two seasons. In his final two seasons at NSU, the team was a combined 62-11.

He inherited a roster which returned three starters and 11 letterwinners from last season. The group is led by senior guard Marlon Stewart, who began his collegiate career at Creighton. He averaged 14.3 points per game as a junior and is one of four double-figure scorers at 14.5 points per game. Sophomore forward Filip Rebraca has been a force inside, as he averages 14.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game. He had 16 points on 8-of-11 shooting and 13 rebounds against Gonzaga and reached double-figured in UND's first 11 games, including six double-doubles. The Fighting Hawks are averaging 77.3 points per game, including 8.2 3-pointers per contest.

Lots More @ the Link:

Last edited:

We came to Columbus for Xmas to be with my 77 year old mother who still has 2 season tickets to both football and basketball. She picked up 3 tix for the game tomorrow. I am sitting in the student section with my 10 year old daughter and 14 year old son. That should be an experience. I'm sure my son will enjoy being that close to the co-eds. Have never been to PBA and haven't been to Husker bball game since '90 when I graduated. GBR

We came to Columbus for Xmas to be with my 77 year old mother who still has 2 season tickets to both football and basketball. She picked up 3 tix for the game tomorrow. I am sitting in the student section with my 10 year old daughter and 14 year old son. That should be an experience. I'm sure my son will enjoy being that close to the co-eds. Have never been to PBA and haven't been to Husker bball game since '90 when I graduated. GBR
Probably won't be many co-eds, but enjoy the game. PBA is a great place to watch!

Anyone have an idea how I should approach tonight's game?

Husker Men's BBball @ 6:00 pm on BTN+ (which we do have)
Hawkeye Women's Bball @ 6:00 pm on BTN+ (vs. Drake, a good intrastate matchup)
Hawkeye Men's BBall @ 8:00 pm on regular BTN (vs. Cincinnati in United Center)
NCAA Volleyball National Championship @ 7 PM on ESPN2
SIX division 1 bowl games (I run a bowl pool for friends and family)
Trying to see Star Wars with my daughter (the son already saw it on Thursday)
As a Steelers fan, I have an interest in seeing Houston lose to Tampa Bay in the NFL today

My wife is an Iowa grad, her parents are Iowa fans and coming for our Christmas dinner tonight.

I can already envision some of the answers I would get here...

'The Skinny' (from another site)

" The Skinny:
First year coach Paul Sather comes to North Dakota from Div II Northern St where he led the Wolves to the championship game. Sather plays a little slower on offense than former long time coach Brian Jones though like his predecessor he is still trying to run opponents of the 3pt line. At this point the Hawks aren't a particularly good team, racking up 3 of their 5 wins thus far vs non-Div 1 opponents. Nebraska coming in as only a 10 point favorite shows that the Huskers haven't quite yet proven to be consistently good.

Offensively, the Huskers should be able to shred the Hawks in transition and in the paint though Rebraca is an above average shot blocker. On defense Nebraska matches up well though you have to wonder how much Cam Mack will guard Stewart given his laissez-faire style defense. It's possible that North Dakota will slow roll their way to a close game or even a win. It's also possible that the Huskers will aid them by going through the motions. The return of Jervay Green should add enough spice to keep Nebraska locked in. Look for them to win easily.

Prediction: Nebraska 87 - North Dakota 70

[email protected]

The two takeaways here are Jervay Green being active again and Nebraska staying locked into this game and not looking ahead to leaving for the holidays.

Players to watch: Marlon Stewart
The former Creighton point guard leads the team in scoring and assists. Currently is hitting at 42% from 3. Stewart was the starting PG two years ago and scored 20 points at the PBA in a 22 point loss.

Players to watch: Filip Rebraca
The 6'9" sophomore center is the 2nd leading scorer on the team and the leading rebounder. He doesn't shoot from outside but is a high end FT shooter and can knock down mid range shots.

• Allen-Eikens is an aggressive inside scorer with an outside shot that hasn't fallen this year
  • Brown is a lock down defender though an unaggressive shooter "

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back