• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mayweather / Pacquiao Disappointment

Ahhh, good old Sweat P, I'm still bitter about the decision he had with De La Hoya. I thought P won that fight easily, stupid judges got swayed by the 'oohs and ahhs' of the biased crowd and missed that Pernell avoided or blocked majority of what Oscar was trying.

As for this fight, much the same, Mayweather just outskilled Manny. It was like Bobby Fisher playing me in chess, no contest at all.

Me too. He got completely jobbed against Chavez as well.

Man, agreed on both fights. I hated both decisions.

It'd be great if the heavyweight division had some solid American fighters. But, and it's hard to argue with 'em, the guys who used to be heavyweight fighters are now middle linebackers. Boxing is a game where the best of the best make unfathomable money but the also-rans make much less. A unified and honest governing body would go a long way in bringing all weight divisions back to prominence. However, as it stands now, 130-160 is overflowing with great boxers. It really is somewhat of a golden age in those divisions.

Last edited:
May 7th marks the 10 year anniversary of Castillo Corrales I. The greatest fight I've ever seen. If any of you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch the whole thing. "Fighting in a phone booth" epitomized. [video=youtube;k3FUdJuLLBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3FUdJuLLBc[/video]

Last edited:
Except that the right old guitars appreciate in value on par with the stock market while hockey goes the way of the Hartford Whalers.:stickouttongue:

No, it will always be there because everything is above board...unlike the sport of boxing where there are many of examples of fight-fixing and corruption.

No, it will always be there because everything is above board...unlike the sport of boxing where there are many of examples of fight-fixing and corruption.

Sadly, this is way too true. I think that this fight for example, the contract was that they would both score a huge payday, and Mayweather would remain undefeated. I think the fix was in for this fight..... :facepalm:

Sadly, this is way too true. I think that this fight for example, the contract was that they would both score a huge payday, and Mayweather would remain undefeated. I think the fix was in for this fight..... :facepalm:

There was no fix. I think it was a combination of Manny being completely outclassed and a few years past his prime. I think it would've been a more exciting fight 5 years ago but, ultimately, I believe Floyd's naturally bigger stature, technical superiority, and footwork would've trumped Manny's smothering attack. Manny hasn't been the same since Marquez tagged him.

There was no fix. I think it was a combination of Manny being completely outclassed and a few years past his prime. I think it would've been a more exciting fight 5 years ago but, ultimately, I believe Floyd's naturally bigger stature, technical superiority, and footwork would've trumped Manny's smothering attack. Manny hasn't been the same since Marquez tagged him.

Pacquiao should have hit Mayweather with a chair or reached into his shorts and pulled some type of blinding powder out. Maybe in the rematch.:)

Last edited:
May 7th marks the 10 year anniversary of Castillo Corrales I. The greatest fight I've ever seen. If any of you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch the whole thing. "Fighting in a phone booth" epitomized. [video=youtube;k3FUdJuLLBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3FUdJuLLBc[/video]

cosigned!

another one that i put on the all time list, which should have had all the hype that Mayweather Pacquiao did

[video=youtube;NxVTdQL2PYc]https://youtu.be/NxVTdQL2PYc[/video]

two top guys giving it everything they got. this kinda brutality at this skill level is something you gotta savor.

and these guys did this to each other FOUR TIMES!

Last edited:
Yes! Great rivalry. We'd be remiss if we didn't also mention didn't mention the Gatti Ward and Barrera Morales trilogies.

another one that i put on the all time list, which should have had all the hype that Mayweather Pacquiao did

[video=youtube;NxVTdQL2PYc]https://youtu.be/NxVTdQL2PYc[/video]

two top guys giving it everything they got. this kinda brutality at this skill level is something you gotta savor.

and these guys did this to each other FOUR TIMES!

Class-action lawsuit filed against Pacquiao for not disclosing his shoulder injury before the fight.

He may also face a fine or suspension for failing to reveal the injury on a pre-fight medical form.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28982315/lawsuit-filed-against-pacquiao-over-shoulder-injury

i'm pretty sure that shoulder or not, Pac still loses that fight. he musta thought the same, so why not take the coin? nobody is really 100% going into a fight.

maybe i'd feel differently if i had paid for it.

i'm pretty sure that shoulder or not, Pac still loses that fight. he musta thought the same, so why not take the coin? nobody is really 100% going into a fight.

maybe i'd feel differently if i had paid for it.

It would have been a better fight five years ago, but I think the outcome would have been the same. Mayweather is just that good.

It would have been a better fight five years ago, but I think the outcome would have been the same. Mayweather is just that good.

agreed. the Pac that destroyed Cotto in 5, IIRC, would have made it a much closer fight and i would have wanted to see that. but not nowadays. i didn't even watch it live.

agreed. the Pac that destroyed Cotto in 5, IIRC, would have made it a much closer fight and i would have wanted to see that. but not nowadays. i didn't even watch it live.

I think the battles with JMM took a lot out of Pac. I also think father time is catching up with him quicker than Mayweather.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back