• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matthew Tago commits to Oregon State

Status
Not open for further replies.

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
5 Year Member
Tago is in Lincoln for his OV this weekend. I didn't see a thread on him. He's an intriguing recruit...at 6'3, 228, he is listed as an athlete who could be an OLB or QB. He decomitted from UCLA on 12/6; so far, his OVs have been to Utah and UCLA with one scheduled for Washington St. next week.

Here's what was said about his OV. (Land of 10 story link)

ATH/QB Matthew Tago, 3 stars, Lancaster, Calif. (Quartz Hill)

Of the 13 schools that have offered Matthew Tago, 12 gave him the opportunity to commit as an athlete, most likely at linebacker. Then Nebraska came along. The Huskers are intent on adding another quarterback in the 2018 class, and it appears that Tago and Jamarye Joiner have become the top targets at the position. Like Bell, Tago was formerly committed to UCLA. His next visit will be to Washington State on Jan. 19.

In the quote, Bell is OG Jarrett Bell who is on his OV this weekend as well.

Last edited:

Everything I've seen says QB. Although once he's here he can always switch if he gets buried on the depth chart at QB.

Everything I've seen says QB. Although once he's here he can always switch if he gets buried on the depth chart at QB.

Iowa State has a guy named Joel Lanning who started at QB but moved to LB when he got buried in the depth chart. They bring him in as QB on short yardage situations and run a zone read. The other team knows it's probably a running play but the defense can't sell out on it because he's also a pretty good passer. They're pretty much guaranteed to pick up at least a couple of yards every time they run this.

That might be a good use for a guy like Tago.

Iowa State has a guy named Joel Lanning who started at QB but moved to LB when he got buried in the depth chart. They bring him in as QB on short yardage situations and run a zone read. The other team knows it's probably a running play but the defense can't sell out on it because he's also a pretty good passer. They're pretty much guaranteed to pick up at least a couple of yards every time they run this.

That might be a good use for a guy like Tago.

Meanwhile he lead the team in tackles and earned All American honors

Not visiting this weekend. Has not decided if he will reschedule the visit.

I wonder if Vedral transfering in May have played into his decision? As we offered him as a QB
Could be...

We'll see how things go with Joiner. That can help indicate what the staff may be thinking moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back