• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Master

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
Passed by Master golf course three decades ago. I initially thought remote, thinly settled rural area but actually middle of Augusta city surrounded by regular housing/apartments and a few industrial businesses and fast-food buildings. Very close.

I tried a few photos in golf holes/fairways view but impossible, hidden ...... protect large and thick bushes and trees. Camouflage.

Pa9rp3O.png

Remove sod ... prepare FieldTurf project ??
:D
. If so, another suckers like Memorial stadium.

Anyway just like Indy 500 raceway. Not remote at all but inside city.

Last edited:

Went to the Saturday/Sunday rounds a few years ago. Correct, Augusta National is in the City. But it is totally awesome. The Sistine Chapel of golf. Hard to explain or understand until you get inside the gates. One of the greatest experiences in my life.

We were there this year for Friday and Saturday. Yes, it is in the middle of Augusta which is an old community and not what you would expect from the outside looking in. But once in the gates the course is beautiful and in perfect shape. You will not see anything like it anywhere else. Much hillier than it appears on TV making every hole a challenge and there is simply not a level lie on the course to hit a shot from. Friday was great to watch with crowds but not so busy that you could not see the players you wanted too except for Tiger. Saturday was crazy crowds and it was miserably cold. That said we set our chairs on Amen corner and saw every group come through.

I would highly recommend to any golf fan as a once in a lifetime trip! It is worth the money. The history there is cool. Great experience! Want to take my son and his wife in the next few years!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back