• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Masry Mapieu makes top defensive performers list at St. Louis Rivals camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a school of thought out there that if we had room Avery would have already committed to us. Basically have to wait for some spots to open up so we are basically telling him to hang tight. Tough to do with someone so highly sought after, but we have a few things working in our favor.
It grieves me to think that we would turn Avery away. He is the best bull rushing DL I have seen this year and seems a perfect fit as a 3-4 middle guard. I hope he wants to become a Husker and we do find room for him.

Its really too bad this class is so small....we're on such a great roll. Maybe things will shake out and we can get to 22-23 and take everyone we want.

I'd draw a hard line with Mapieu if I were the coaches. I'd tell him "Hey we turned down a guy who wanted in. A guy highly rated and high on our board. If you start looking around, we're gonna circle back with Calvin Avery and if he still wants in, we're giving him your spot." They need to know that NG spot is filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back