• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Maryland and Rutgers to join the B1G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

That said, I like Rutgers a heck of a lot more than Maryland. Rutgers and ND would have been tops, IMO.

Maryland and Rutgers expand the Big Ten footprint to include New York, Baltimore and Washington DC.

The upper- and mid-Atlantic is the most densely populated area in the country. Remember that a large chunk of the Big Ten's success is the BTN. In football, neither school is top-notch. But both have well rounded athletics, including basketball which is also important to the Big Ten.

This is an interesting move. I'd say that if you're wanting a basketball powerhouse go after the Jayhawks, but Kansas doesn't exactly have millions of people sitting around. Part of Nebraska's acceptance into the league is our literally massive fan base around the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back