• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marty Smith's America is on tonight, ESPN 8 ET. Frost's Grand Canyon trip...

Smith's tweet a week or two promoting the segment was more interesting than the segment itself. Disappointing.

I’m glad we got the attention we got from it, but Marty Smith may be a flash in the pan at this level. He has great contacts in the south who get him in with Saban, Richt, etc, so ESPN loves that, but I think his shows are tough for 2/3 of America to watch/listen to.

I'm in the minority here, but I liked the video. I didn't have any expectations going in, so maybe that's why I wasn't disappointed. Smith's interview questions could have been more specific or refined, but he did a decent job. Although it seemed like he had a chew in during part of the interview? haha

Marty Smith was interviewed on Sirius XM yesterday. They asked him what SF was like. Marty said that SF has a quiet intensity about him. He also said that SF would be his first pick to share a foxhole with him.

Not very well produced. They were saying it was difficult, but the film work and editing made it look easy.

How do you make a difficult hike look hard? Show them panting, zoom in on sweat beads, show one puking? It was about an interview with SF, not an outward bound commercial.

C
I dunno, but it looked like a walk through the park that a six year old could have done, not a grueling 13 hour marathon. I'm not a director/producer, but maybe pan out a bit to show the enormity of them in relation to the trail? Show the clock a few times?

Yeah, panting and barfing would help portray the conditions. lol

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back