• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Martinez said the conditions were so cold that he couldn't even grip the football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Cory Ross on the post game show said that QBs and WRs are the most effected in a game like this....it was obvious too that the gloves were bothering him as many of us remarked in the game thread....

Martinez said the conditions were so cold on Friday that he couldn't even grip the football, so he was forced to wear gloves, which he hasn't worn all season. I think that greatly hampered his ability to throw the football. Thankfully next week's game is in Lucas Oil Stadium, which should feature NU's offense at full strength.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1440504

the wind makes throwing the ball extremely difficult. Throw in the cold and gloves and it makes it nearly impossible. People want to knit pick Becks play calling but you have to try and throw the football at times. It's very difficulty to run the ball 100% with success. We did what it took to win ugly or not.

Yup

the wind makes throwing the ball extremely difficult. Throw in the cold and gloves and it makes it nearly impossible. People want to knit pick Becks play calling but you have to try and throw the football at times. It's very difficulty to run the ball 100% with success. We did what it took to win ugly or not.

Honestly, the only call I would nitpick would be the 3rd and 3 or 4 when we had been pounding the ball with Rex from the 1 inch line and threw the pass into the wind. But Beck called a good game I think, and we got the win. We all benefit as we get to watch another Husker game next week. :)

Conditions like we saw today are one important reason Osborne decided to focus primarily on having a strong ground game.

Conditions like we saw today are one important reason Osborne decided to focus primarily on having a strong ground game.

This is very true. And that first drive I even commented to my wife, "This is an old school Nebraska drive here."

This occurred to me as well. It was always easy to doubt that explanation until you came across a game like this. They don't seem to happen too often, but when they do they're usually during the more "important" stretch of the season.

---

Was it last year or 2010 when Taylor was wearing gloves for several games and took some heat for it?

Take the glove off of your throwing hand. Few QBs can wear a glove on their throwing hand. You have to have a relatively big hand. Martinez has average size hands and should not have worn a glove. Keep a hand warmer in your pouch and play with one glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back