• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez played good enough for the team to win vs. Purdue

I wouldn't call that hubris. You can say he's being overprotective of his QB's psyche right now. But I don't think it's hubris.
True. Hubris is saying the B1G will have to adapt to us. A little bit of hubris in athletic endeavors is a good thing, IMO.

Get just one stop, make just one throw, call just one successful goal line play....... It's all texasing loser talk.

Damn, it is getting so old.
True. This goes back to Callahan's days. "We're inches away..."

Martinez played well enough in the 4th quarter for the team to win, but not in the first three quarters.
That sums it up. Consistency has been a hobgoblin at NU for way too long.

LM didn't make the trip and Vedral was hurt. He was only going to used in case of a dire emergency such AM going down. Don't know about Bunch but SF really didn't have much of a choice imo.

Lets remember 4 mins left we have a lead with Purdue 75 yds away being led by their 3rd string QB. Should be pretty easy to stop them as they needed a TD not a FG for the win.... oh wait we've seen that movie before! :mad:

Example number 1 of why AM played well enough to win. Nobody (including SF) said he played great.

that's cool too.
fwiw, this isn't the only reason i think hubris applies, but i'll leave that there. i do however, think that the rest of this season and offeason will force him to self correct.

Well played. If SF doesn't succeed you have the "i told you in 2019"....if he does, you have the "i said he would self correct". Nice.

My only question to the call is this.

He knows that we cannot even set up and complete a simple screen pass.

So why even attempt something so complicated for this team......yet?

Maybe because it resembles a screen pass in absolutely NO way?? They ran a couple really good triple option looks, which are also complicated..should those be abandoned also?

Just a speculation—— players need to make the catch, making the catch is the priority—- many catchable balls. Many catchable. The home run catch is great. But make the catch first -

LM didn't make the trip and Vedral was hurt. He was only going to used in case of a dire emergency such AM going down. Don't know about Bunch but SF really didn't have much of a choice imo.

Lets remember 4 mins left we have a lead with Purdue 75 yds away being led by their 3rd string QB. Should be pretty easy to stop them as they needed a TD not a FG for the win.... oh wait we've seen that movie before! :mad:
Has a someone associated with the football team confirmed that Vedral was emergency only, or is it speculation?

Sadly it looks like the B1G has adapted to NU all too well :(

Have they though? We can all agree the offense has really stunk this year, but with AM starting, NU has scored 42, 7, 13, 31, and 27. If you take the 7 out because it's Ohio State and that's a whole other argument, generally speaking the offense hasn't been great but those numbers should win you some games.
I think the struggles have less to do with the opponent and more to do with personnel and execution, which is both a player and coaching issue.

Has a someone associated with the football team confirmed that Vedral was emergency only, or is it speculation?
It was told to me from someone who is closely associated with the team. His information has almost always been accurate over the years.

Maybe because it resembles a screen pass in absolutely NO way?? They ran a couple really good triple option looks, which are also complicated..should those be abandoned also?

I say...lets master one fundamental football play...and then stretch their wings and attempt to accomplish the next fundamental?

Well played. If SF doesn't succeed you have the "i told you in 2019"....if he does, you have the "i said he would self correct". Nice.
lol is that what you really got from my post? how disappointing.
i could probably say the same about you though. if/when we do go 10-2, and i stay consistent to point out linebacker play while praising the beatdown of iowa, you'll tell me "nothing is ever good enough for you".
i have no need and nothing to gain here by being 2 faced, and i'm not looking for approval from anyone here. check all my posts. i have lots of respect and hope for Scott Frost. i also will not choose to ignore what is clear as day regarding the Football team.

Have they though? We can all agree the offense has really stunk this year, but with AM starting, NU has scored 42, 7, 13, 31, and 27. If you take the 7 out because it's Ohio State and that's a whole other argument, generally speaking the offense hasn't been great but those numbers should win you some games.
I think the struggles have less to do with the opponent and more to do with personnel and execution, which is both a player and coaching issue.
NU is what its record is... and still has to play 2 of the better Ds in the B1G, and this years schedule was supposed to be favorable. With AM as QB all the Ds are loading the box and until NU can show it consistently go vertical, that is what we'll continue to see. I'm thinking Frost is going to have to be the one who has to adjust to the B1G, this isnt the AAC

Last edited:

NU is what its record is... and still has to play 2 of the better Ds in the B1G, and this years schedule was supposed to be favorable. With AM as QB all the Ds are loading the box and until NU can show it consistently go vertical, that is what we'll continue to see. I'm thinking Frost is going to have to be the one who has to adjust to the B1G, this isnt the AAC

The AAC isn't the Sun Belt. There are lots of great offensive minds and some really good ahead of the curve thinking there.
I guarantee if Frost had UCFs roster from his last year, he'd score on anyone in this conference.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back