• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez Makes The Maxwell Award List

I don't mean to pump the brakes unnecessarily, but there are EIGHTY players on the watch list at the moment (full list below). There are a total of 11 other B1G players besides Martinez. We play nine of them (not Michigan and PSU). Since we can't control what happens in other conferences, the best chance is for Adrian to have big games against these other contenders head-to-head.

Of particular importance are Ohio State and Iowa, since they represent the other QBs on the watch list. If Martinez can have more favorable stats, he'll at least be on the inside track for Maxwell candidates in the Big Ten, unless, of course, one of the RBs blasts off for something like 1500 yards on the ground this year. I don't see a Big Ten WR making the cut this season.

QB: Fields (Ohio State), Patterson (Michigan), Stanley (Iowa), and Martinez (NU)
RB: Corbin (Illinois), Dobbins (Ohio State), McFarland (Maryland), Scott (Indiana), Taylor (Wisconsin)
WR: Hamler (Penn State), Johnson (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue)

So in conclusion:
  • Yes, Martinez is special.
  • Yes, he could win it.
  • And yes, it's way too early.

Time for fall football to start already.

2019-maxwell-watch-list-award-football-622x1024.png

I don't mean to pump the brakes unnecessarily, but there are EIGHTY players on the watch list at the moment (full list below). There are a total of 11 other B1G players besides Martinez. We play nine of them (not Michigan and PSU). Since we can't control what happens in other conferences, the best chance is for Adrian to have big games against these other contenders head-to-head.

Of particular importance are Ohio State and Iowa, since they represent the other QBs on the watch list. If Martinez can have more favorable stats, he'll at least be on the inside track for Maxwell candidates in the Big Ten, unless, of course, one of the RBs blasts off for something like 1500 yards on the ground this year. I don't see a Big Ten WR making the cut this season.

QB: Fields (Ohio State), Patterson (Michigan), Stanley (Iowa), and Martinez (NU)
RB: Corbin (Illinois), Dobbins (Ohio State), McFarland (Maryland), Scott (Indiana), Taylor (Wisconsin)
WR: Hamler (Penn State), Johnson (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue)

So in conclusion:
  • Yes, Martinez is special.
  • Yes, he could win it.
  • And yes, it's way too early.

Time for fall football to start already.

2019-maxwell-watch-list-award-football-622x1024.png

It's like polls its only useful as fodder until the actual season starts. Fun to debate

I see about 8-10 QB's who have no business being on that list. There are about the same number who have already proven their ability and are in real contention. The Army and Navy QB's will never win the award.

I see about 8-10 QB's who have no business being on that list. There are about the same number who have already proven their ability and are in real contention. The Army and Navy QB's will never win the award.

Berry, you may be right ... still one service academy QB awarded the Heisman, Maxwell and Walter Camp trophies in my lifetime. Still think there is room for one more ...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back