• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marcus Satterfield and Tony White presser

Here is a written summary for those who don’t do video. It’s really tough for me to get into most coach talk. Just been burned too many times. Especially when they start talking about personnel because half the time you don’t know if they are speaking to the fans or the players themselves

However I found their message very encouraging regarding the line and run game. I’m not a believer that we want to go back to the 80’s and 90’s run game but we should effectively visit it every game.

My two take always. “We’re going to run the ball’. And we are going to recruit and match the defense to their strengths. While the second is coach speak. I have to say I like it…

I'm an old dog that has watched and listened to a lot of football over the years. I have never recalled hearing the benefits of a huddle explained like the coach explained in in his presser. The idea of huddle being an activity that assists in the maturation of leadership by individual players was new to me....and, I thought it made a lot of sense! We've all heard of things that were said in the huddle (and not just by the quarterback) that appeared very instrumental in the outcome of a play or the game itself.

Thoughts?
Alabama and Georgia don’t need huddles, pal

Alabama and Georgia don’t need huddles, pal

5q9y58.jpg

Last edited:

I'm an old dog that has watched and listened to a lot of football over the years. I have never recalled hearing the benefits of a huddle explained like the coach explained in in his presser. The idea of huddle being an activity that assists in the maturation of leadership by individual players was new to me....and, I thought it made a lot of sense! We've all heard of things that were said in the huddle (and not just by the quarterback) that appeared very instrumental in the outcome of a play or the game itself.

Thoughts?
I had never thought of that, or heard it explained that way either, but it makes perfect sense. Good to hear from a coach who has thought about the details on that level. It's a good sign.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back