• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Marcus Newby down to Nebraska and Maryland: OU 'Ok, thought it would be better'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should hear some of the things people here in S. California have to say about Nebraska....and the Huskers have traditon to kill....

The home field advantage may win out here....its just a fact of life....alot of kids want to be near home and play in front of family and friends....and I can't blame them for that....

It may be a factor, but does he really want to run around in a Ronald McDonald uniform?

Last edited:

You should hear some of the things people here in S. California have to say about Nebraska....and the Huskers have traditon to kill....

The home field advantage may win out here....its just a fact of life....alot of kids want to be near home and play in front of family and friends....and I can't blame them for that....

I lived in So Cal for 9 years, so I know of which you speak, but unless he just loves the city, all the opportunity is in Lincoln.

Marcus Newby is the 2013 class' version of 2012 recruit Quanzell Lambert...to a "T". Maybe Nebraska can hit on this 50-50 LB'er.

Both are/were 4-stars...5.8 guys per Rivals....

Sorry, busy as heck as construction season is in full bloom. Had another devastating hail storm here. Third one in the last five years. I got the Newbys mixed up. Thanks for the friendly correction....

No problem...:) I do not miss the hail....was always bad up in South Dakota when I lived their too....stay safe...:)

Sorry, busy as heck as construction season is in full bloom. Had another devastating hail storm here. Third one in the last five years. I got the Newbys mixed up. Thanks for the friendly correction....

RR,,,,you peaked my interest...I haved lived all over the world but have never been to Cali...what do they say about our Huskers?

Al of the stereo-typical things about Nebraska....you may recall the writer for the LA Times who made quite a splash when we played USC a few years back....

RR,,,,you peaked my interest...I haved lived all over the world but have never been to Cali...what do they say about our Huskers?

I'm expecting more of the same when we play UCLA this year. When we played USC, Jim Rome and the Clones had a field day yukking it up about how the Nebraska fans were flying in for the game on their crop dusters.

Actually, I thought that was kinda funny. :Biggrin:

Al of the stereo-typical things about Nebraska....you may recall the writer for the LA Times who made quite a splash when we played USC a few years back....

I'm expecting more of the same when we play UCLA this year. When we played USC, Jim Rome and the Clones had a field day yukking it up about how the Nebraska fans were flying in for the game on their crop dusters.

Actually, I thought that was kinda funny. :Biggrin:

I am a big Jim Rome fan. Not only funny, but the guy really knows his sports. I tend to agree with him on most of his insights and predictions. His radio show is great.

Listened to Rome early on when he did the night show in San Diego. Have always enjoyed him. I think most of us are able to laugh at ourselves and not get offended. Here in AZ, I see Husker gear quite frequently. I normally greet them with a "Go Big Red", and conversation is started.

How many people are involved with Californians for Nebraska and Arizonans for Nebraska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back