• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Maher and Special (not so) Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just amazed with how many freak athletes we have we can't find one that can catch a punt on a regular basis. Its like basketball players who can't make a free throw but can drain a fade away 3pt shot falling out of bounds with two guys in his face.

:lol: Keepin' it real today, Impaler? You can find imperfection in any football game if you want to nitpick it enough.

Positive is the best way to be, but even the most rose colored glasses can't blur the fact that our special team units (all of them) are struggling. Catching a punt in to this wind is definitely tough, but it is just one more little thing to make you shake your head. The positive is that when one thing seems to go wrong something else seems to be working. Punt return 'BAD', punting 'GOOD'. Special teams again are part of the whole and we have not played a complete game yet, and if we do, we are definitely dangerous.

That we have such trouble fielding kicks is baffling, let alone getting any kind of good return. A real weak spot for this team.

Look at Ameer's elbows. Look how far apart they are. I would assume that he is taught (They all should be taught) to try and touch your elbows together. Yes over simplified and hard with pads but if you squeeze your elbows together (or get them close) the ball will NOT go through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back