• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Louisiana tech

I remember all of the games from that year because it was my first year writing for an internet sports magazine.

The two games I vividly remember from that year were the A&M game and the Texas game. A&M because that Saturday was the first we'd spent with my wife's estranged father. He was born and raised in Oklahoma, was intentionally a jerk to me for the entire time we knew him and thoroughly enjoyed A&M beating us. Very child like.

The Halloween Texas game I remember because we'd just moved into a new house and didn't have cable yet so I had to go to a local sports bar to watch the game. This was in Parker Colorado, so a Nebraska fan watching Nebraska lose in a Colorado sports bar was also thoroughly enjoyed by others.

Also of note, that was the first year since I'd been watching Husker football (1970) that we lost 4 games. 1976 NU went 9-3-1.
9-3-1 was failure then but who wouldn’t take that now? My how times have changed.

I remember all of the games from that year because it was my first year writing for an internet sports magazine.

The two games I vividly remember from that year were the A&M game and the Texas game. A&M because that Saturday was the first we'd spent with my wife's estranged father. He was born and raised in Oklahoma, was intentionally a jerk to me for the entire time we knew him and thoroughly enjoyed A&M beating us. Very child like.

The Halloween Texas game I remember because we'd just moved into a new house and didn't have cable yet so I had to go to a local sports bar to watch the game. This was in Parker Colorado, so a Nebraska fan watching Nebraska lose in a Colorado sports bar was also thoroughly enjoyed by others.

Also of note, that was the first year since I'd been watching Husker football (1970) that we lost 4 games. 1976 NU went 9-3-1.

Lived in Parker for 32 years.

I feel/felt your pain.

I had this license plate there from 1999 to 2021.

It really fired up some of them.

LOL.

Photo on 6-10-16 at 10.28 AM.jpg

Sonny Cumbie?

We're not playing that Texas Tech team, so I think we'll be fine.

Seriously guys, I watched two of their games and this isn't one we need to freak out about.
Was at a local restaurant last week (The Woodlands) where one of the heroes on the wall was Danny Amendola. Can’t forget him in that game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back