• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lotta players we recruited during the Riley era

Floydhusker

Recruit
5 Year Member
...are playing pretty well for Oregon right now. Looks to be about 8-10 on the roster that visited and probably more that had offers. Not really making a point, just an observation, but I bet we could use a few.

They went to Oregon and got developed. Riley's staff couldn't develop the guys they got, and the jury is still out on Frost and his staff in terms of player development.

Well, who knows whether MR could have ultimately been successful if given more time at NU. Certainly doesn’t seem likely. If he had ever had high level success somewhere before he came here, maybe he could have got more time. But his lack of prior success the Diaco disaster, and the availability of SF ensured his demise.

It’s good to hear those kids are doing well. But I’m more interested in the recruits who stayed at NU and the new ones coach Frost is bringing in.

Riley recruits went from Nebraska to Oregon?

Edit: I misunderstood. You're talking about players that we offered but failed to sign?

Last edited:

Do you guys mean Oregon State? The Ducks are playing well enough but they don't need any Riley or Nebraska cast offs. Oregon State however, is a perennial bottom feeder and can use all the help they can get.

Do you guys mean Oregon State? The Ducks are playing well enough but they don't need any Riley or Nebraska cast offs. Oregon State however, is a perennial bottom feeder and can use all the help they can get.
No he is talking about 4-5 guys we were in on that are starting for Oregon, lenoir, Thomas, a d-end, their starting running back and maybe one other.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back