• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lost A Basketball Legend Today

Yes, we did, bugeater61. He was an awesome coach, who wasn't afraid of the "establishment". I died when
he lost to Duke in 91!

What a great team he had in 90! His brand of basketball is legend!

Famous people are said to die in threes. Are big-time basketball coaches the same? Who's next?

He was certainly colorful, and a unique man in his field.

I always thought of him as a scofflaw, if not a cheater. Unlike you, Bob, I was overjoyed when Duke beat him in 1991. Decency trumped the shadow. Neverthelss, I enjoyed him, loved seeing that towel dangling from his mouth.

RIP, Tark.

I loved watching his teams play! They had fun. He definitely wasn't afraid to speak his mind on the NCAA. My favorite quote of his was, "The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky they're going to give Cleveland State another year of probation!" :Biggrin:

I loved watching his teams play! They had fun. He definitely wasn't afraid to speak his mind on the NCAA. My favorite quote of his was, "The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky they're going to give Cleveland State another year of probation!" :Biggrin:

Ya gotta admit, that is one Helluva Quote...... Love it.... But him chewing on his towel.... that just gave me the Heebie-Jeebies Man............

He was certainly colorful, and a unique man in his field.

I always thought of him as a scofflaw, if not a cheater. Unlike you, Bob, I was overjoyed when Duke beat him in 1991. Decency trumped the shadow. Neverthelss, I enjoyed him, loved seeing that towel dangling from his mouth.

RIP, Tark.

Decency trumped he shadow? Seems, you allowed the ncaa to "shadow" your thoughts. tsk! tsk! You were fooled by the establishment, Merle! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Decency trumped he shadow? Seems, you allowed the ncaa to "shadow" your thoughts. tsk! tsk! You were fooled by the establishment, Merle! :thumbsdown:

"Shadow" may have been a poor choice of words. :):)

I agree Tark's complaints about NCAA favoritism were justified. However, I don't think that justified his shenanigans. The majority of his players at UNLV were unable to construct a grammatically correct sentence of more than five words, if that many. They belonged in the NBA, or Spain or Greece, not in college.
While I have no data on this, I would guess none of his players at UNLV ever graduated from there, even though graduating from there was not considered that much of an accomplishment.

Again, R.I.P., Tark.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back