• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks like we need to re-load....

MR863HUSKER

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
Pat Kelly is signing a pro contract with the "Twinkies" and forgoing his senior year...Good Luck to him...

We will be ok. Some of our guys will step up to the plate, so to speak! :)

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

Erstad will take this like a pro, hopefully, and adjust his plans going forward. Nebraska is on its way back.

Erstad is ready for this...

“We have Plans B, C, D and E for seeing kids go pro early and seeing kids sign out of high school,â€￾ NU coach Darin Erstad said Tuesday. “This is what we signed up for and the only way to avoid this problem is to not recruit good players.â€￾

Erstad is allowed to replace the players who signed letters of intent and decided to turn pro. NCAA baseball limits Division I teams to 11.7 scholarships. The Big Ten limits were raised from one to two on the oversigning allowance this year. The NCAA does not limit the number of players a team can sign to a national letter of intent.

"We have a little more flexibility to oversign two players, and if they turn pro, we can split up the scholarships in any manner we want," he said.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/baseball/husker-recruit-reetz-second-baseman-kelly-to-take-pro-offers/article_813f4f52-f640-5a33-97fa-4c1830f75cdc.html

Not worried about the loss of Kelly, we get Edrington back to play short and Reveles can be moved to second...
While Edrington should be a defensive upgrade over Reveles at short, and Reveles should be serviceable at second, neither one of these two provide anywhere near the offense that Kelly did.

While Edrington should be a defensive upgrade over Reveles at short, and Reveles should be serviceable at second, neither one of these two provide anywhere near the offense that Kelly did.

True, we will never have the offense at 2B that Kelly brought. Overall we will have similar offensive numbers as a team in my opinion, which is why I'm not too worried....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back