• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

looking for shrimp recipes for grill

Red Dawn

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
My kids LOVE shrimp. Going to let them cook a few on the grill next weekend - anyone have any non-spicy marinade/seasoning recipes for simple grilled shrimp that are out of the ordinary/fun for kids?

Skewered Grilled Shrimp
Ingredients:
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
pepper
1 pound shrimp
pineapple chunks
green pepper chunks
Instructions:Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Mix together marinate shrimp in sauce for 1 hour. Skewer shrimp with pineapple and green pepper. Put on grill and cook 2-3 minutes, turn. Cook until done.

Spicy Shrimp
Ingredients:
2 pounds shelled large shrimp
***MARINADE***
2 tablespoon catsup
1 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 each garlic cloves -- crushed
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon oregano -- crushed
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1/8 cup fresh orange juice
Instructions:
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the shrimp. Mix thoroughly with a whisk. Add shrimp and let marinate 1 to 2 hours. Set shrimp on medium hot grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Baste shrimps continually while grilling. Dip sizzling hot shrimp in remaining sauce, and serve immediately. Posted to the BBQ List by Carey Starzinger on Oct 13, 1996.

the bacon idea sounds awesome!

Just made this the other day and it was excellent.

2 lbs shrimp - peeled and deveined
1/3 cup olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T chopped basil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cayenne pepper

marinate for at least an hour and grill for a couple of minutes on each side. Save any excess marinate and brush it on the shrimp while they are grilling.

When I made this, I used dried tomato flakes instead of the tomato sauce and it turned out excellent. The only problem was that my kids decided that they DO like shrimp, so the wife and I didn't get as much as we wanted.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back